T2410 Pros and Cons

/ T2410 Pros and Cons #1  

Poopdeck Pappy

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT
I have an opportunity to buy a gently used T2410 in great shape with low hours. It has the hydraulic shuttle transmission. I just don't know much about this model in particular or NH in general.

I've been looking at cabbed tractors in the 45 - 50hp range (such as a Kubota L4740, LS XR4046, Kioti DK50SE and, most recently, a really nice John Deere 4520 in great shape). But I've got a lot of cedar trees to knock down, driveways to grade, building pads to build and about 30 acres to mow. And I'm beginning to wonder whether a heavier frame tractor like the T2410 might be better for some of the muscle I need. I know the HP is rated at 55, but I think the cab model is about 1,200 pounds heaver than a cab model Kubota L4740, and probably 700 - 800 pounds heavier than the Kioti, LS and JD.

My hesitations with the T2410 are (1) hydraulic shuttle vs. HST (I really want an HST, but could live with the EHSS), and (2) I don't know much about the T2410 model, such as it's reliability or quirks.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated by this confused shopper. :confused2:

/ T2410 Pros and Cons #2  
The T2410 is a good tractor from my perspective, I have an open station and it has really surprised me with what it can do. the EHSS is really nice and front loader work is no trouble at all and I would buy another with it. The engine is very powerful and the tractor is a brute for sure, seems very well built. This is my first tractor and it is so much more versatile than the bobcat I traded in on this purchase, not as maneuverable as the bobcat but more power in loader. I have put 65 hours on since Feb of this year and I have to admit it has done all that was asked of it. I don't need anything else right now but keep wondering if I would be better served with a larger tractor and I suppose that I would not be better served but that probably won't stop me from going up in size to either an 75 or 85 horse tractor. I think from the research I have done, most will agree that this is one nice tractor for its class. My only real complaint is that it seems to be a little on the thirsty side but not horrible. Good luck in your search Dave

/ T2410 Pros and Cons
Thanks for your thoughts, Dave. I drove one around on the dealer's lot and liked it quite a bit except for one thing. It was a hydraulic shuttle model, and the clutch was like a light switch. It was either in or out, and there wasn't any in-between, which made the tractor somewhat jerky. I suspect that some adjustment could smooth that out somewhat.

/ T2410 Pros and Cons #4  
T2410 is one of a kind...In it's class there is not a better tractor out there. The series was a great tractor...just killed by a high price tag. Buy it if the price is right you will not regret it.

/ T2410 Pros and Cons #5  
Hey Pappy, when I use the hydraulic shuttle I just use the forward reverse shifter on the left hand column and no clutch required, smooth as silk. I would want this feature on any tractor I buy in the future unless much better price on mechanical shuttle.

Dave

/ T2410 Pros and Cons
Hey Pappy, when I use the hydraulic shuttle I just use the forward reverse shifter on the left hand column and no clutch required, smooth as silk. I would want this feature on any tractor I buy in the future unless much better price on mechanical shuttle.

Dave

Yes, while it is nice to use the F-R column lever for direction changes without clutching, you still have to use the clutch to change gears. And that's where this was was jerky due to the very narrow friction zone of the clutch. I suspect I'd get used to it after a while, and some adjustment might help.

/ T2410 Pros and Cons #7  
If the tractor is rolling when I shift gears (not range) then it is smooth, mostly jerky from take off but if from a standstill I will use ehss to get underway and clutch and re-gear as needed. I find that mid range 2nd gear and I can get most of my work done. It is a nice tractor for my needs.

Dave