Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #21  
Well Jim I finally did it the "boss" isn't that happy but the TC45DA has close to 3500 hrs on it so I traded it on one of those Cadillac Escalades you talk about. I should be taking delivery middle of next week of a loaded "blue" NH3050 cab CVT Trans QA loader and QA 4in1 bucket along with a midship pto front 3rd function remote and 3 rear remotes. I stuck with the NH dealer we been doing business with for over 10 years. He is in Southern Maine about 3 hours away from us but great people. We looked at Mahindra didn't like where the fuel tank and fuel filter were down low nor that I banged my head when I climbed into it. The kubota had the same issues and the JD we looked at except I kept hitting my head on the rear window of the cab while sitting in the seat. We also looked at the Kioti which we liked but the dealer never got back to us after 3 weeks so we decided to stay away from him. The price after trade on all the machines was with in a $1000 after the trade. The NH Dealer gave the most value for our TC45DA trade. Will post some pictures when they deliver it next week.

Last edited:
   / Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #22  
Well said Jim.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #23  
Well Jim I finally did it the "boss" isn't that happy but the TC45DA has close to 3500 hrs on it so I traded it on one of those Cadillac Escalades you talk about. I should be taking delivery middle of next week of a loaded "blue" NH3050 cab CVT Trans QA loader and QA 4in1 bucket along with a midship pto front 3rd function remote and 3 rear remotes. I stuck with the NH dealer we been doing business with for over 10 years. He is in Southern Maine about 3 hours away from us but great people. We looked at Mahindra didn't like where the fuel tank and fuel filter were down low nor that I banged my head when I climbed into it. The kabota had the same issues and the JD we looked at except I kept hitting my head on the rear window of the cab while sitting in the seat. We also looked at the Kioti which we liked but the dealer never got back to us after 3 weeks so we decided to stay away from him. The price after trade on all the machines was with in a $1000 after the trade. The NH Dealer gave the most value for our TC45DA trade. Will post some pictures when they deliver it next week.

Jackfr, Just out of curiosity what do you run off the back of a tractor that requires 3 rear remotes?

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #24  
Tip-n-tilt uses up 2 that means only one left for 3pt attachments. Most of my 3pt attachments need only one, power angle on broom, on/off on brillion seeder, grader blade angle, etc. except snow blower it has one to turn chute and was planning of adding small piston to change deflector on end of chute but then I'll have to think about adding 4th remote again if I do that. I use to be perfectly Happy with two remotes on the TC45DA until tip-n-tilt spoiled me. Now I don't know how I ever got along without tip-n-tilt.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #25  
The price after trade on all the machines was with in a $1000 after the trade. The NH Dealer gave the most value for our TC45DA trade.

I think that's the most surprising thing about your deal. I would have expected more variation, especially with the newah-bettah CVT. You certainly got all the "Escalade" options on that bad boy.:D

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #26  
I think that's the most surprising thing about your deal. I would have expected more variation, especially with the newah-bettah CVT. You certainly got all the "Escalade" options on that bad boy.:D

Jim

Hope you are right about the "newer better CVT". The "Boss" and I went on a day trip and tried it out it works great, a lot easier on my right leg/knee than the back and forth twisting on the HST(fun to get old isn't it?). More Importantly the "Boss" liked it too, she says it's easier to operate than the TC45DA. Hopefully it will stand the test of time like everyone tells me it will. I was amazed at all the whistles and bells the factory cab has.

Jack

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #27  
I was amazed at all the whistles and bells the factory cab has.

Jack

Speaking of whistles and bells in the factory cab. . . how quiet is the new cab? I know with the HST transmission, vibration was a huge problem in the beginning because the cab just amplified the noise. With the cabbed tractor you test drove, was your impression that it was quiet or that you heard lots of internal sounds finding their way into the cab?

Of course, I'd love to have one of the new 3050 cabbed tractors, but with all the goodies I have on my current TC45D, I'm sure I'd pay twice as much for the new tractor ($40k+) with my old one only bringing maybe $12k trade-in because it has lived outdoors all it's life.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #28  
On my 3050 with CVT II I generally have the AC and Stereo cranked up loud enough that I don't here much coming from the engine or transmission. Then again all my other tractors are non-cab so I have nothing to compare! :)

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #29  
Jim

The short time I operated it at the dealer it appeared to be much quieter than the TC45DA with the after market Curtis cab or the 6640 with the factory cab, I think that is why the "boss" liked it so much. I'll let you know once I put it to work here hopefully the deliver date is next Wednesday. You might be surprised what yours is worth all the different dealers told me it was more the hours I had on the machine(almost 3500 hrs) rather than the year of the machine that set the trade in value.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #30  
I would think CNH would know this is going on and would try to work with the dealers to come up with a solution to sale the New Holland machines. Now Kubota has a tractor over 100hp. Is NH just gonna give those sales away as well? Almost looks to me NH wants out of small tractor sales.

I've watched Kubota from day one and I can say that while I believe they have worked hard to be where they are, the business they got was literally given away by the other makers. When other makers screwed up, Kubota filled the vacuum.

Early on I owned Fords and IH. An 8N, 9N an IH "H" and when ready to buy an IH 45 HP is when the company started to fail and couldn't deliver the product. I wanted to buy but they had none to sell. OK, so I went with Ford and a Japanese 1900 and then 2110. Just wonderful tractors and really did the job with zero issues.
When I went to buy another Ford there were issues of Ford selling the ag division plus talk of outsourcing the axles to some Eastern Bloc nation or whatever. I have no interest in a Yugoslavian, or whatever axle, so I moved on. I know how to build a business and they were going the wrong way.

Enter Kubota and I started with 90 HP. Then another, another, another and another. I picked up a couple Deeres along the way, and I love my 5520 but some of the conversations on this board deal with problems like melting fuel tanks in that series and things I don't need to deal with. So, again by default, I'll probably wind up with Kubota. Kubota has quietly become the CUT leader and is on a path to own a chunk of the utility line as well.

just my personal opinion here.