New Holland Used Market

/ New Holland Used Market #1  

stathamj

Tractor
None
I'm in the market for a used tractor. I've been looking at some Ford/New Holland models. I don't know much about them and tried looking on you-yube for some videos of them at work. But, mostly only found ones advertising them for Sale. The models I've been looking at are the TC35DA, TC40D, TC48DA, T2330, a Boomer 3040, a TN75S and an older NH 2120. The tractor will have a loader and be either MFWD or 4wd as well. I need a tractor that weighs around 3K lbs minimum. Out of these tractors are there any to stay away from? Or, are there any that stand out as being a really good tractor/model? I had heard the NH 2120 was a good solidly built tractor. But, an older model. Most of the others are Hydrostat Transmissions. Any thought on Hydrostats? To me it was nice feature. But I've only had one tractor that had it out of five that I've had. I appriciate any thoughs or comments

Thank you,

James

/ New Holland Used Market #2  
James, the TC35DA, TC40D, T2330, and Boomer 3040 are all similar sized tractors. New Holland went through a period of alpha-numeric "soup" for awhile in changing numbers that is very confusing. All those tractors should be Shibaura engine based models with many similar parts and functions. Their dry weight is 3500-3800 lb. The TN75S is a completely larger class farm tractor. It's a great tractor, but I believe the tractor is Italian with an IVECO engine. It would be a great choice for a larger farm with some haying operations. The 2120 is an older model, but actually stronger than the smaller Boomers. It probably compares well with the TC48DA you listed. It will stand up to hard farming operations better than the Boomers, but will not have all the bells and whistles. Not knowing what you plan on doing with the tractor makes it hard to make a really valued suggestion. They are all good tractors, but the each have their strong points.

/ New Holland Used Market
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of maybe just clean up on the property. I've got 40 acres of timberland that will need constant care and attention. I would like a bucket as well as forks. I will be using it to haul limbs and such as well as any trees that need felling to the shop. Unless they are to big and I need to drag them. I had a JD 4300 several years ago. Althought it was a great tractor I think it's about as small as I would want. About 3K lbs. I dont think I will do any hay. But I plan to have a 2 acre garden. So, it needs to be able to pull a small plow, disc and planter. It also will need to be able to run a tiller. That's why I'm trying to find a heavier tractor that has MFWD and loader I like the Hydro models. But I don't have to have it. The 2120 is listed for 8500 with loader. I'm going to try and look at it Wednesday.
Again, thanks for the reply.

James

/ New Holland Used Market #5  
James, if you are doing cleanup in timber, clearing deadfall, and making brush piles for burning, nothing is quite as useful as a grapple on your FEL. For around $1500 new, you can turn that tractor into a productivity dynamo. There is just no comparison to trying to move brush with a bucket or forks and doing it with a simple single or double grapple. Just having a single "thumb" to grip brush makes clearing the ground a pleasant and less back-breaking task. A single rear remote on one of the TC40/2330/3040 sized tractors can easily be routed forward with 1/4" hoses to operate a grapple that slips onto your forks. A dedicated grapple would be even more functional. There are lots of possibilities. When looking at tractors, always look for the ones with extra hydraulic remotes on the rear. Every remote adds flexibility and ease of use.

/ New Holland Used Market #6  
fwiw you will never regret the 2120 as long as its in decent shape, they are a great tractor and more masculine than its younger,smaller siblings as pointed out by jinman

From CT