How many hours should a NEW tractor have?

/ How many hours should a NEW tractor have? #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When mine was delivered, it had 0.6 hours on it, all the plastic wrap on the controls, and it was clean. )</font>

Mine to. I think it had 0.7 hrs on it and most of that was me playing with at the dealership.
I left the plastic on it for the first 50 hrs or so.

I would talk to them about what they plan to do to make it right.
Maybe throw in a free shop manual?

Fred

/ How many hours should a NEW tractor have? #22  
Larry,

Great picture of the kids riding the tractor. Some of the fondest memories I have of my Dad, was when we were doing things like this together. We have a 20 month old, I haven't taken him for his first tractor ride yet (gotta get a working tractor first), but I look forward to it. Thanks for posting that.

Oh, by the way. Nice tractor.

Kevin

/ How many hours should a NEW tractor have? #23  
Larry, I would try to get the dealer to give you an extended warranty. The thing that concerns me is those first few hours can be brutal on the engine if it was lugged or run at wide open throttle. Bill C

/ How many hours should a NEW tractor have? #24  
My TC24D was delivered with 0.8 hours on the meter. The tractor went to the dealer where they claimed to have tested everything. The only thing that was dirty was the manual, which had grease on it, but it also had several "check" marks inside to indicate that they checked all the fluids, etc. The tractor itself was pretty much spotless. All the plastic covering had been removed by the dealer except the protective wrap on the toplink.

/ How many hours should a NEW tractor have? #25  
I'm on the side of being wary of the dealer. The 14 hours is not really a big deal if they would admit the truth. The story about the 8 hours on the dyno is a bunch of BS. I'd be worried someone bought it and returned it. I'd tell them I want a NEW one. Don't use it until you get this resolved, and demand a NEW tractor or a discounted price on your USED one!

/ How many hours should a NEW tractor have? #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I tend to agree that 14 hours is not a lot to get worried about, though would be more concerned with the saleman and his truthfulness. My dealer keeps a service file on all the tractors he sells. Ask you salesperson to show you the results of the dyno test.

Paul )</font>

That should be fun. "Uhhh, the dyno test is conducted at the factory and we aren't provided with the results. If there had been a problem the tractor, it wouldn't have been delivered".

This salesman is going to lie his way into a corner.

/ How many hours should a NEW tractor have?
Folks,
Its me again the source of the post. I am going to talk to my salesperson today about how he is going to make me happy, but before doing so I thought I would independently call the service manager and ask him how long the Dyno a new machine before delivery. He said they always Dyno 4-6 hours could be longer than that if they leave it running over there and turn their heads. He referenced the fact that the initial manual on Dyno testing from the mid 1980s suggested running at 1/4 throttle for x period 1/2 throttle for y period etc and that in sum total it comes out at 4-6 hours. They do this with every machine they deliver and they state in their experience it reduces the number of leaks they find over time.

So, my I guess my salesperson wasn't lying about the Dyno thing. It does of course raise the question of whether this is a needed process or not. Being new to this I was not in a position to say. I chose this dealership because they are large and do a lot of ag stuff. Don't know if this changes policies towards compacts or not.

I am now going to call my salesperson.

Used the tractor quite a bit yesterday to clear brush and really find the 4n1 useful. Open the bucket into a dozer blade and just drive right through pulling out the bases and everything else.
Larry

/ How many hours should a NEW tractor have? #28  
Is that a Corriher Boxblade? Looks like mine, just bigger. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How many hours should a NEW tractor have?
Good eyes you have, yes it is. 84".

/ How many hours should a NEW tractor have? #30  
You might have had a beef about the hours, but since you accepted it and are putting more hours on it, all you are problably going to get out of it is some kind of throw in service or accessory. If the tractor now has 20 hours on it, they probably won't take it back.