5010 vs 4630

/ 5010 vs 4630 #1  

poorboy

Silver Member
Guys, I need some help deciding on a helper for old blue, a '76 4000, known by people who know her as Babe. Need a bigger tractor and a loader. I was thinking about I think the number was 5010, something in the 55 to 70 horse power range. The place has enlarged over the years. I don't have a lot of info about what is now out there and what options are available. Thinking about green but my heart is blue, still have a couple of months to decide. I don't want to look like an idiot when I ask about the models and options at the dealer. Any info or links would be appriciated. Thanks.

/ 5010 vs 4630 #2  
Poorboy:

I have a little first hand knowledge on the 5010s and 4630. My brother-in-law has a 5010s (66 HP) and my Father-in Law has a 4630 (56 HP). Both are really nice units. However, you can cross the 4630 off your list, NH quit producing them about 2 years ago. If you find a new one at a dealer, it has been there for some time. If you are looking for the best HP/$ the 10 series (5010S,6010,7010) are the best choice. The 30 series has been replaced by the TN series. I have a TN65 (52 HP) and love it. The TN's have more features and options than the 10 series and are very well laid out. The 10 series is less refined, but still very useable. The 10 series is made in Mexico and uses a NH Genesis engine, the TN's are made in Italy and use a Iveco engine. TN's are better on fuel economy and have more standard hydraulic capacity (comes in handy for the loader). I highly recommend the Alo Quicke Loader and have one on my TN. NH must like them too as some of the larger tractors on their website are shown with an Alo Loader. Hope this helps

Jim

/ 5010 vs 4630
Thanks Jim, I sounds like that's the info I was looking for in the NH line. I'm sure I have other questions as I get deeper into this, keep an eye out for me.