TN65 - what comes with the electro-hydro shuttle?

/ TN65 - what comes with the electro-hydro shuttle? #11  
Re: TN65 - what comes with the electro-hydro shutt

I think you be happy with the syncro trans, but you should do yourself a favor and try the power shuttle before you buy. As far as the 8x8 or the 16x16, I have the 16x16 and have not regretted it. The electro power shuttle is just so smooth. It just gives you so many more speed ranges for ground engaging implements and loader work. You may or may not know this, but there are also other trans choices, 32Fx16R (Hi-Lo Power Shuttle) and 44Fx16R by way of a Creeper unit for super slow speed work or work such as seeding or spraying where precise speed control is essential. There are also 2 final drive gear choices that alter the overall drive ratio resulting in either a 18.64 or 24.85 mph top speed. The 18.64 is the standard one that comes in most TN's.

As your probably finding out the TN is a very versatile machine. After you make a trans choice you need to make a tire choice. The TN's are available with a wide range of tire choices also (not just types, but sizes) My manual shows 30 different tire combinations for 4WD alone. My TN is running 16.9x30 R1 on the rear and 11.2R24 R1 front. All these choices aren't available from the dealer but they do offer a wide selection of sizes and types

Have fun

Andy

/ TN65 - what comes with the electro-hydro shuttle?

Thanks for the info Andy - that's great to know. I'll be doing mostly loader work, grading, trenching, and digging with the tractor so I'm gettng the R4 tires. I didn't know there were so many different options available here in the U.S. When I looked at the specs for TN's that are sold in other countries, I saw all the different transmission options and didn't think they were available here. Not that I really need anything more than the 16x16 - but it's nice to know. I would like to figure out how to get that higher final-drive ratio. Transporting via roads around here would be much less annoying to my neighbors if I could drive at 25 mph.

/ TN65 - what comes with the electro-hydro shuttle? #13  

I don't know if I would want to drive my tractor 25 MPH. It handles OK but when I hit a bump in the road that 900 and some odd pound box blade on the back makes a he!! of a leap. I know that it can't be good for the three point hitch mechanicals.

/ TN65 - what comes with the electro-hydro shuttle? #14  

There is one other feature that only the Power Shuttle offers. On the power shuttle when you brake, whether you are in 2WD or 4WD it engages the 4WD to help with the braking. This operation is so smooth you barely notice it. Also from what I've been told by the New Holland engineers (whom I talked to quite a bit because of the problems I had with the first tractor), because of the smoothly modulated shifts and the oil bath they run in the clutches in the Power Shuttle last quite a lot longer than all the other transmissions.

Just a few more thoughts.

Andy

Once again, thanks Andy! I've also heard that the power shuttle includes the 16.9 gpm hydraulic main pump along with a hydralic cooler. Have you ever heard anything about that?

Thanks!
Martin

/ TN65 - what comes with the electro-hydro shuttle? #16  

I'm not sure, but pretty sure. As far as I know the 16.9 is only standard on the 75's. Here is a quote from a brand new NH brochure "A 16.9-gpm pump--with hydraulic oil cooler--provides superior heat dissipation of the TN75, TN75S and TN75D, and is optional on all other models. The second pump delivers 7.2 gpm (9.2 gpm for tractors equiped with power shuttle), for the power steering, FWD engagement, differential lock engagement and for lubricating the transmission.
This is from page 8 of the TN brochure. So it would seem that unless New Holland is throwing something in, it doesn't come with it.
Perhaps Spencer200 can clear this up for you.

Sorry I have no more data.

Andy

I just got the scoop from the dealer. The Power Shuttle option does indeed include the 16.9 gpm pump and the fluid cooler. Those are definitely nice things to have. Thanks again for your help!

/ TN65 - what comes with the electro-hydro shuttle? #18  

Geeze another case where the spec sheet and the web site are wrong. Hey at least it is more not less...

Please let us know what you purchase, we're getting a fair number of TN owners on the board now. It's always good to have more.

You'll love the tractor do matter what options you get.

Andy

/ TN65 - what comes with the electro-hydro shuttle? #19  

You may want to call another dealer to verify that info. It is my understanding also that the 16.9 is only available w/TN75

/ TN65 - what comes with the electro-hydro shuttle? #20  

Direct quote from price book 16.9 gpm pump with power shuttle transmission.