NH Dealer Closed in W. Mich

/ NH Dealer Closed in W. Mich #1  

Billy Bee

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC 33, John Deere 3020
A local NH dealer in the Grand Rapids area closed Fri. March 14 after some 35-40 years in business.
Just FYI

/ NH Dealer Closed in W. Mich #2  
That stinks , the one in Saginaw closed quite a few years ago . I have a cabin up by Alpena and have always got good service from Don's if you are ever up that way

/ NH Dealer Closed in W. Mich #3  
Yeah there closing everywhere it seems. One in meadows of dan virginia just closed last fall. Actually still open but just do parts or something as they gave up dealership part. Sucks too as I hate Kubota and all the low end tractors but they maybe be all thats left in the south. No one wants to pay for a quality product anymore so we will see what they have left down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ NH Dealer Closed in W. Mich #4  
I wonder if the compact tractor "fad" has run its course.

Dealers I interact with are not optimistic about a CUT sales pace recovery anytime soon.

/ NH Dealer Closed in W. Mich #5  
I was looking at tractors for a while and was very surprised at what used tractors go for. Take a 2120 for example. Some of the lower hour nicer ones listed still fetch $12K + with well over 1000 hours. Not saying its a bad tractor but the same size NH tractor brand new isnt all that much more.

/ NH Dealer Closed in W. Mich #6  
thats sad to see some NH dealers closing.but i can see why some of them would close.i tryed todo business with our local NH dealer before they closed.an there was no way i could as their 50hp 4x4 hst fel tractors was as high as an 85hp 4x4 hydro shuttle fel of another brand.needless to say i went with another brand of tractor.another NH dealer took them over a yr later an opened back up.

/ NH Dealer Closed in W. Mich #8  
I think New Holland and Case International are more interested in building and selling the larger tractors and farm equipment.The last few years they seem to be moving away from the compact market.

/ NH Dealer Closed in W. Mich #9  
My NH Dealer also started selling Kubota Tractors last Year and is doing well.

/ NH Dealer Closed in W. Mich #10  
I was looking at tractors for a while and was very surprised at what used tractors go for. Take a 2120 for example. Some of the lower hour nicer ones listed still fetch $12K + with well over 1000 hours. Not saying its a bad tractor but the same size NH tractor brand new isnt all that much more.

When I bought my 2120 (one of the last ones) it was more expensive than the comparable Boomer tractor.

It's also built on a dependable platform that dates back to the Ford days, Boomers get changed every few years.

FWIW, here's a like to the auction: MICHIGAN: Grandville Tractor - Orbitbid.comョ

Ed