Workmaster 45 review or owners?

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #11  
How do you think this tractor would handle a 6ft cutter? Would it need front end weights?

I have ran a bush hog 295 and it handled it but the 295 is very heavy, heavier than the 6' woods md172 I also have. If your using a heavy cutter on hills the either mfwd or front weights would be advisable. I like the 2wd because of the tight turn radius for raking and to turn into every other row in the vineyards.

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners?
I have ran a bush hog 295 and it handled it but the 295 is very heavy, heavier than the 6' woods md172 I also have. If your using a heavy cutter on hills the either mfwd or front weights would be advisable. I like the 2wd because of the tight turn radius for raking and to turn into every other row in the vineyards.

Thank you for the response. I figured weights would be needed. I looked up the farmall version you have and for some reason they seem to be more expensive. They are the same except for paint, right?

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #13  
Thank you for the response. I figured weights would be needed. I looked up the farmall version you have and for some reason they seem to be more expensive. They are the same except for paint, right?

Paint, seat and hood are different, what were you quoted for the 45? I had two dealers for the farmall 45A. One was $14,900 and the other was $15,100 ( I paid $15,100 as I liked the dealer more)

Workmaster 45 12.5k cash price

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #15  
Well........FIL bought a WM 55 new last year, FWD, and loader. There have been issues with it mostly dealer related. He bought the unit with fluid in the rears added, at 25 degrees F they froze and cut the tubes. (Not -25 regular 25F) From delivery the "dash" did "read" correctly, gauges would come on and go off, hour meter worked sometimes, sometimes not. The FWA engagement lever was very difficult to move/engage and rubbed hydraulic lines, battery was not bolted down securly, loader had never been greased. My FIL is a "blue tractor" man and we have two dealers about 40-50 miles apart. i should have known something was up when the two dealers where $4200 apart on the exact equiped machines. Come to find out the cheaper machine(the one FIL bought) had been on the lot for (some time). Other than the serial # some speculation is allowed. The dash problem was caused by mice, and even the dealer said the replaced the "curcuit" board it doesn't have one the replaced the whole dash. The FWA "knuckles" was all corroded up and rusty and once cleaned and lubed engagment worked fine. Most of this narrative was related to me by FIL, so something may be missing. Other than the cost of the tire repair FIL was out no expense(tractor was out of warrenty) but a lot of agrevation. Tractor was bought as "new" but a new 2013 is different from a new '11 or '12. Lesson learned........look it over close and ask lots and lots of questions.

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #16  
Workmaster 45 12.5k cash price

My prices were the 0% price. I don't recall the cash price but I think it was a couple grand difference. I didn't pay cash because I had bought a new Kubota, dump trailer and a mini excavator in a few months time as well. Was in expansion mode on the farm. I would definitely price the red version and not rely on internet prices.

My prices were the 0% price. I don't recall the cash price but I think it was a couple grand difference. I didn't pay cash because I had bought a new Kubota, dump trailer and a mini excavator in a few months time as well. Was in expansion mode on the farm. I would definitely price the red version and not rely on internet prices.
The 0% for 72 month price was 13,500. The only problem with the red version is that I don't have a dealer near me. I believe the closest dealer is an hour.

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #18  
The 0% for 72 month price was 13,500. The only problem with the red version is that I don't have a dealer near me. I believe the closest dealer is an hour.

That is a great price.

Sorry to have abandoned this thread. They actually sold the WM 45 I was looking at. I'm now looking at a Kioti DK45SE and a WM 55 4wd. The more you look the more you end up spending it seems.....at least in my case lol. The Kioti is a really nice tractor with a loader and all and a quite a few more bells and whistles than the WM 55. But the 55 is bigger and more powerful and it can run the disc mower or a baler (whenever I get one) in a pinch if something happens to my bigger tractor. They both have their pros and cons it's just figuring out which one fits my needs better.

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #20  
Ive heard some good stuff about Kioti. Have you tried both? The WM 55 mwfd should be a good tractor too though. Have you looked at Massey Ferguson? I'm a Ford New Holland guy buy I like the old school big cubic engines of old school design. Massey still uses this design even on smaller tractors. Look at the 2615 and 2625. More basic tractor but heavy and tons of torque.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet