Workmaster 45 review or owners?

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #1  

CaptHowdy

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 4610 Workmaster 55 Kubota SVL95
Looking at getting a bare bones tractor for some hay raking, running a tiller and some light brush hogging with a 6ft cutter. I don't need a loader or 4x4. The price on this tractor is very appealing but I can't find much info on people that actually own it. Can someone chime in and let me know what they think or if there is another tractor I should take a look at? I priced the JD 5045d but it was 4k more.

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #2  
The WM 45 is an actual CNH product. I looked at one and unless I am mistaken only gears 3 and 4 are synchronized. The WM 35 and 40 are rebadged LS tractors, but I am pretty sure 45 and up are actual CNH tractors. The lack of synchro was a deal killer for me. I have a 3010S NH that I bought because my dealer sold it to me for less than a new FEL would have been for my TN75S. It has been reliable, but the lack of synchro except for 3 and 4 really gets on my nerves. Have you looked at Mahindra and LS? What about MF...I followed your posts on the 4600's over there? Hard to buy a bad tractor in this day and time and a man can never have too many!! I think in this HP range you should look hard at a hydrostatic tranny....you will like that a lot more and the price is not too much more

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners?
The WM 45 is an actual CNH product. I looked at one and unless I am mistaken only gears 3 and 4 are synchronized. The WM 35 and 40 are rebadged LS tractors, but I am pretty sure 45 and up are actual CNH tractors. The lack of synchro was a deal killer for me. I have a 3010S NH that I bought because my dealer sold it to me for less than a new FEL would have been for my TN75S. It has been reliable, but the lack of synchro except for 3 and 4 really gets on my nerves. Have you looked at Mahindra and LS? What about MF...I followed your posts on the 4600's over there? Hard to buy a bad tractor in this day and time and a man can never have too many!! I think in this HP range you should look hard at a hydrostatic tranny....you will like that a lot more and the price is not too much more

I really like my 4610 btw but just need something smaller for some other little jobs. I have just started looking but the price of the WM 45 is what had me interested. It is quite a bit less than the JD and MF. I'm still waiting on Kubota to get back to me and I have not looked at Mahindra because the closest dealer is a ways from me.

Here is what it says about the transmission.
8Fx8R with 4 constant mesh gears, 2 constant mesh ranges and synchronized shuttle

Link to specs. http://agriculture.newholland.com/u...ors/Workmaster/Pages/45-2WD_modelversion.aspx

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #4  
I really like my 4610 btw but just need something smaller for some other little jobs. I have just started looking but the price of the WM 45 is what had me interested. It is quite a bit less than the JD and MF. I'm still waiting on Kubota to get back to me and I have not looked at Mahindra because the closest dealer is a ways from me.

Here is what it says about the transmission.
8Fx8R with 4 constant mesh gears, 2 constant mesh ranges and synchronized shuttle

Link to specs. Agricultural-Tractors New Holland Workmaster - Models, technical data and characteristics
Just curious, what Kubota model will you be comparing to?
Also, if you are looking at WM45 you should really consider moving up to WM55. Same basic tractor but more hp, much higher 3pt capacity, plus draft control.

Just curious, what Kubota model will you be comparing to?
Also, if you are looking at WM45 you should really consider moving up to WM55. Same basic tractor but more hp, much higher 3pt capacity, plus draft control.

The L4600.

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #6  
The L4600.
I believe the Kubota L has smaller tires (lower to ground) and less adjustment to the wheel tread (narrower). Don't know if that matters to you or not, but I prefer the 28" wheels on the WM.

I believe the Kubota L has smaller tires (lower to ground) and less adjustment to the wheel tread (narrower). Don't know if that matters to you or not, but I prefer the 28" wheels on the WM.
Well yesterday I ran across a used Kioti ds4510 with loader. It's a little more than either of those two but it may be more versatile and have better resale.

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #8  
I have the red version of then 45 and love it. Use it for tedding/raking and have a post pounder mounted to it for in the vineyard. The 45 is plenty powerful for what I use it for. It uses very little fuel, is extremely comfortable and very user friendly for attaching implements by yourself. Mine is 2wd and the synchronized gears is a non issue as for my uses I pick a gear and stay with it. Don't need to shift on the fly.

I like mine so much I want to add another one. Their also extremely quiet. I just can't say enough good things about this tractor.

/ Workmaster 45 review or owners? #9  
Used a wm55 a little. Only problem was had some trouble getting the reverser to stay in reverse with a heavy load you had to hold the handle back. But that ended up being a cable that needed adjustment and it has worked fine. Good little tractor. For what your wanting I would suggest going to a 4wd for the bushhoging.

I have the red version of then 45 and love it. Use it for tedding/raking and have a post pounder mounted to it for in the vineyard. The 45 is plenty powerful for what I use it for. It uses very little fuel, is extremely comfortable and very user friendly for attaching implements by yourself. Mine is 2wd and the synchronized gears is a non issue as for my uses I pick a gear and stay with it. Don't need to shift on the fly.

I like mine so much I want to add another one. Their also extremely quiet. I just can't say enough good things about this tractor.
How do you think this tractor would handle a 6ft cutter? Would it need front end weights?