New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered -

/ New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered - #1  

gorm

Tractor
New Holland/TC33DA
It arived this afternoon - it had exactly one hour on it, I managed to put another one on myself. The FEL lifts the front end up - and the best part is it comes with a cigarette lighter!

The only dislike I have so far is the diff lock pedal is a little wimpy - just a thick rod bent in a question mark -

I will post some pics when I can. Thanks to all who have answered my questions along the way.

Happy New Year!

/ New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered - #2  
Yes, pictures please!

/ New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered - #3  
Congrats on your new machine. I would also like to give you encouragement to take some pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered - #4  
Hey, that is great! My dealer called me yesterday to tell me that my TC33DA was just delivered but I still have to wait a week or two for it. It is replacing a TC24d that I got in May. My 24 was too small for my needs so I figured I might as well trade up while she is still new (just 30 hours on her). Please post some pics, I've never seen one before. Congratulations again, I can imagine your excitement.
Rick

/ New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered - #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the best part is it comes with a cigarette lighter!
)</font>

Are you sure that "cigarette lighter" is not really a 12 volt outlet for cell phones, etc.? A cigarette lighter seems very out of place on a tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered - #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A cigarette lighter seems very out of place on a tractor. )</font>

Nope, a cigarette lighter's not at all out of place for those of us who smoke. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif In fact, I had the dealer install one on my B2710 before delivery, and if I'm not mistaken I believe the L models with cabs have an ash tray, too.

/ New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered - #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( In fact, <font color="red"> I had the dealer install one </font> on my B2710 before delivery, and if I'm not mistaken I believe the L models with cabs have an ash tray, too.
)</font>

Perhaps I should have added, "...as a standard feature." I think it's far more likely to be a 12 volt adapter than a cigarette lighter as a standard feature. I don't know of any vehicle that would have a cigarette lighter as a standard feature without the inclusion of an ashtray. I also think most 12 volt adapters have warnings about not using them as cigarette lighters because they are not made to withstand the internal heat of the lighter's hot tip.

Since New Holland hasn't had a cigarette lighter on any of it's compacts until now, I find it extremely "out of place" that they would consider putting on the lighter as a standard feature. However, with our modern cell phones and other electronic devices, I find it more likely the receptacle is a power outlet. Even the new Kawasaki Mule I just bought has a 12 volt outlet on the dash. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'd think you could easily remove the receptacle and put in an aftermarket cigarette lighter, but you'd probably also have to increase the size of the fuse and maybe even use heavier gage wire.

I'm sure Gorm will check out his tractor and either correct me /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif or agree with me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but I hope we find out for sure from someone who isn't making a "guess" like I am. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered - #8  
OK, Jim, I'll agree with all that.

/ New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered -
Nope - it IS a cigarettte lighter - I know this because it had the actual lighter element-thing in it when it was delivered. It is located behind and to the right of the seat. My dealer was suprised to see it as well. I noticed it during the pre-delivery inspection/tour that he gave me.

Anyway - I put about 4 hours on it yesterday making a couple of trails in the woods around the house. Still learning to use the bucket and the Woods rear blade.

I have to wait for my daughter to bring over her new digital camera tha Santa got her for Chistmas to snap some pics.

I will post them NLT saturday.

/ New TC33DA and 14LA Loader Delivered - #10  
Well now... I am very surprised. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Is there an ashtray too, or do they leave it to you to snub out your cigarette butt on the floormat or flick it into the dried grass? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Sorry, I smoked for many years and while operating my tractor, disposal of the cigarette butt safely was always an issue. Many times while mowing I've stopped, snubbed out the cigarette, and started back up again. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif