Shibaura Diesel Engine Value

/ Shibaura Diesel Engine Value #1  

Free Willy

Tractor
Ford, Iseki
Hello all!

I came across this engine in a trade.

I am not sure if it runs but looks to be in good condition, stored indoors with all of the outlets / inlets plugged. I have been told that it looks to be a Shibaura S723 and may be the engine for a Ford 1210, but from some cross referencing the engine may also fit a Ford New Holland 1310. This weekend I am going to look at a Ford New Holland 1310 with a bad engine. I am hoping that the engine will be a direct swap. I know that there are tons of variables that go into determining the value of an engine but I'm looking for some type of value as a starting point for this deal.

The gentleman is asking 2k for the 1310. I am not in a position to do an engine swap anytime soon but would love to have a 4wd 1310 in my future (possibly a little underpowered). This gentleman also says he may want to buy my engine.

Any advice on the value of the engine is appreciated.

Thank you best regards

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    842.5 KB · Views: 12,946
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    904.5 KB · Views: 5,841
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    951.7 KB · Views: 2,020
   / Shibaura Diesel Engine Value #2  
Looks like the same engine as the one on my 1996 Ford 1215. It is a great engine and mine still works like the day I bought it. I would be very alert as to why the engine was taken off its original tractor. There could be something very wrong internally that could cost some huge dollars to fix. Engines are not taken out of tractors unless something serious needs to be fixed.

/ Shibaura Diesel Engine Value
That's a great point and something that didn't occur to me.

Things that make you go hummmmmm .....

/ Shibaura Diesel Engine Value #4  
Or the engine was good but the rest of the tractor was shot...hmmmmmm....

/ Shibaura Diesel Engine Value
I cleaned up the motor and found that this is a S753 engine.

Is $1200 a reasonable price point to start negotiating.... settle for $800? I am meeting with a possible buyer early this week.

Thanks!

/ Shibaura Diesel Engine Value #6  
I cleaned up the motor and found that this is a S753 engine.

Is $1200 a reasonable price point to start negotiating.... settle for $800? I am meeting with a possible buyer early this week.

Thanks!

Can you turn the crankshaft after loosening the glow plug so you don't have to fight against compression. You might gain some tell tale sign. I suppose bottom pan can be taken off to inspect connecting rod, and crankshaft journal to some extent and sign of engine seizing can be seen. it is a lot of work to swap an engine and finding out engine is just scrap metal. It looks good though.

JC,