Buying Advice New Holland Boomer 30

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #1  

milligjg

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 1025R
OK folks, looking for some advice. I'm looking at a 2010 New Holland Boomer 30 with a FEL and 450 hours on it. Looking for pro's and con's on this unit. I have 6 acres that I have been working on clearing (currently have a 873 Bobcat). I'm to the point where I don't think I'll need the Bobcat (attachements are to darn high $) and a tractor, loader, blade, brush hog, etc will do what I want to do.

Anything to look out for on this tractor?:confused3:

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #2  
I had a TC30 for a few years which my former partner tried his best to destroy but the little tractor won. It was definitely one tough piece of machinery. I understand that the boomers were essentially a later model of the same tractor; if that's the case, go for it. Not to say that you can't run into the odd lemon or abused tractor, but generalizing it's a good machine.

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #3  
Could a Boomer 30 be one of the newer LS built machines?

If yes, it is not the same as the TC30.

/ New Holland Boomer 30
I'd be curious to know if it is an LS built unit.:confused3:

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #5  
Tractor Data lists the Boomer 30 production starting in 2011, and it is an LS unit.

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #6  
The Boomer 30 is an LS made tractor. I have a 2012 model year.

What do you plan to do with it? It's a heavy tractor for use in the yard. I love mine for clearing and tilling food plots. It handles my 5' bushhog quite well, but I do wish I had the horsepower of the Boomer 35 for both the bush hog and my chipper. The loader is weaker than I expected it to be. It's certainly not a skid steer when it comes to moving material, but for moving small amounts it's nice.

Without knowing what you plan to do with it, it's impossible for anyone to give you pros and cons.

/ New Holland Boomer 30
I'm going to use it for small clearing, gravel, mowing, etc. Also found a TC30 for about $5000 cheaper. Going to look at it Tuesday.

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #8  
The New Holland TC30 was built by Shibaura as compared to the later Boomer 30 which was built by LS with a Mitsubishi engine. The TC30 was a very good little tractor...assuming it wasn't abused.

/ New Holland Boomer 30 #9  
I have a TC30 - 9x3 2003. Tough tractor. I've moved and spread 25 large truckloads of gravel with it since I bought it used 3 1/2 years ago. Bush hog, pull a single plow, disc harrow, manure, move firewood, snow plow all winter, etc. I like mine. 1200 hrs now. Regular maintenance. -fluids, filters, just replaced original battery, getting ready to replace front tires, replaced thermostat and temp sensing unit.
I almost bought a new LS, but saw my TC30 used for half the price on Uncle Henrys and went with that. Payed and picked it up in a snowstorm and crawled and skidded all the way home!