newby fixin to

/ newby fixin to #1  

mikim

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC45
OK - after several months of reading this forum and lookin and feelin I have decided to go blue. In an effort to be sportmanship like I sent 6 dealers in the area the specs of the tractors I am considering ordering. I figger - let the games begin - and may the best (not necessarily cheapest) man win. At least it's a place to start. I didn't get too specific on the specs - I wanted to see what initiative the different dealers might show. What I'd like is a TN55 in a TC45 body - but what I asked for was pricing on both, comparably rigged, and the equipment to go with 'em. I need a brush hog, box blade, FEL, and post hole digger. I don't need FWD but asked for it on the 45 to get a lil' more pulling umph for stumps. There's quite a difference in the loads the FELs and 3 points will do - but I have no idea what the difference in price is between the 45 and 55 - bigger may be better - but can I afford it? Will the spread in price be a major factor? I'm fixin to find out. I hope to have my order in by April and delivery ... doesn't matter .. It'll spend more time sitting than running until I retire in 55 months (but who's counting) anyway. Wish me luck y'all.
mfk

/ newby fixin to #2  
I'd say in this price range, on either tractor you should get 4WD, if FEL and box blade work is in the plans... will also help resale value.

They are both great tractors, but I'm not sure exactly what the TN55 runs... let us know the price difference. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Your approach to hit 6 dealers with price requests is a good one, for sure... I say at least 3 gives you a selection, but to have 6 available in an are is a good sign to begin with.

Good luck!

msig.gif

/ newby fixin to #3  
mikim,
Welcome to TBN.
What made you lean towards the TC55..was it the extra eight horse power plus other extras,and will that be a 2000 or a 2001?

Working w/six dealers and time on your side you should come up w/a good deal to your satisfaction.

Great way to start your retirement..new tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The best of luck.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif