Bush Hog M246 on TC40D

/ Bush Hog M246 on TC40D #1  

jay_ch28

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
I just purchased a TC40D. I was told that when it came into the dealer it didn't have a loader. They put on a new Bush Hog M246 Loader on it with a 72" HD bucket.

I know it is a little late to be worrying about this but....Are these good FEL's? Anyone have any experience with these? I'll be doing alot of digging and some of the soil is pretty hard.

Thanks In Advance

Attachments

• 370707-P1010047c.JPG
    370707-P1010047c.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,055
   / Bush Hog M246 on TC40D #2  
There is a guy on here who goes by the name Mosey who has a lot of experience with that loader.

Here is a link to a long thread on the subject
When is rear ballast needed with a FEL?

Now keep in mind that Mosey was trying to use the M246 on a smaller tractor than yours. I saw his loader in person and it looked like a very well built piece of equipment. It was just too big for his TC29D.

/ Bush Hog M246 on TC40D #3  
Clearly, the issue here was what were you led to expect would be installed on the machine? Did you buy this machine new from a Dealer? Is so, weren't you shown an itemized breakdown of the final purchase price? I woulda started barking about a NH loader right then and there.

Why is this outfit using 3rd party FELs on their deliverables?

Any assumptions notwithstanding, its even possible, perhaps remotely, but possible nonetheless that you have a warranty issue assuming the tractor still has a factory warrnty.

Let's hear somemore details so we can stop making assumptions. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Bush Hog M246 on TC40D #4  
The BH M246 was to big for Mosey's tractor, but it should be just right for a TC40.

/ Bush Hog M246 on TC40D
Sorry for the lack of info. The machine is a 2001, no warranty and purchased it from a used dealer. The loader on the machine from the dealer as you can see from the pic in my first post.

The machine was sold as a unit $18500 + tax 400 hours has rear remote for hydraulics.

/ Bush Hog M246 on TC40D #6  
Jay_ch28,

Looks like you lost the OEM joystick with the transmission switch built in ??? That kinda stinks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Bush Hog M246 on TC40D
Yea that does suck, but I'll survive without it.

/ Bush Hog M246 on TC40D #8  
When I was down in Texas last spring I made a point to go around and look at tractors. It seemed to me just about every New Holland I saw had a Bush Hog loader on it. I can't remember seeing one New Holland with a New Holland loader on it. My preference is to stay with like products but if the deal is good, go for it.

murph

/ Bush Hog M246 on TC40D #9  
Jay ch 28, I see you have the turfs on your Tc 40d. Would you mind snapping a couple more shots of the tractor. I would like to see more angles of what those tires look like. Also, I know the tractor is new for you but do you foresee any problems with those front turfs when the bucket is loaded up?
Thanks,
Peter

/ Bush Hog M246 on TC40D
Peter
Unfortunately I haven't taken delivery of the tractor yet. I do have a couple pictures on my computer at home, but will not be home until Saturday. As for the turfs they are being swapped with a set of R4's before I take delivery. I can tell you that the rear tires have quite a bit of tread on them.

I'll see what I can come up with for pics for you this weekend. See Attached Photo (zoomed in shot of rear tire), this should hold you over till the weekend.

Jay

Attachments

• 371118-P1010047 tires.JPG
    371118-P1010047 tires.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 401