New TN75DA

/ New TN75DA #1  

twabscs

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TC40D, CaseIH Farmall 95, 105U
Hi All,

I called my favorite NH dealer and ask for a quote on a new TN75. He mentioned that this year's model is the TN*A series and that most everything is the same except for some body style changes. He said I should be able to get the tractor by April.

I bought my TC40D last year, but purchased 120 acres of hay ground last fall. My plan is to keep the TC40D and add the TN75 to do the majority of the hay work. With that in mind, here's what I have so far:

TN75DA
16x16 power shuttle
FWD
Two remotes
No Cab or Loader (yet)

What other options are "must haves" on the TN series?
What do you guys think about foregoing the Cab?
What do you think would be a good price for this setup?

Thanks,

/ New TN75DA #2  
I have a TN75D which as you know is the model just prior to the one your looking at. I believe the D equals cab so you may be looking at a cab tractor which I woould for hay work. Assuming you are going to put a loader on it, I would go for 4 remotes, with 2 of them being mid mount remotes. Quick attach bucket with accessory hydraulics on front loader. Electro hydraulic differential lock. I think you picked the right transmission. New Holland offers some quick attach 3 pt arms that resemble Pat's quick change and I might opt for them. The tractor has plenty of lighting. I would go for 16.9x30 R1's on rear. All in all there aren't many must have options on the TN
I'm not sure of price. You'll enjoy your TN. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Andy

/ New TN75DA #3  
I guess my question would be if you are only going to be doing haying with this tractor why go to the expense of 4wd. I grew up on a 200 cow dairy farm where we did lots of haying. I never understood the need to have a 4 wd drive tractor in the hay field unless this was your only tractor and you also used it around the farm with a loader on it then I can understand that need. This was the only 4 wd drive tractor we had on our farm it was the one with a loader on it.

/ New TN75DA #4  
I agree with Spencer200, skip the FWA but add the cab. Price should just about wash out. If the TC40 is good enough to maintain the rest of the property then it is a no brainer. Take care.

/ New TN75DA
Yes, I have thought about just going with 2wd as it is much cheaper. My concern was that resale value would be lower and that if I added larger round bales to my operation, I would probably need a larger capacity loader in the future.

I'll definitely consider the 2wd option, though, as you both have excellent points.

Thanks,

/ New TN75DA #6  
I'm one of the first to put in my two cents on the loader with mfd debate. If all you are going to do is to lift your round bales,and do no other work beside haying with the tractor,then why go with mfd? Your easier resale senario could hold some credence though. I sure know it would up here. New twd loader tractors are extremly rare especially with a cab. So i figure they would be a white elephant here.

If you are planing on growing though why not jump up in size of tractor now? The left over TS must be pretty cheap.

/ New TN75DA #7  
The left over TS's are a lot more then a TN75. It all comes down to if he wants a loader on the TN or not. If yes, then go MFD. If no, then go with just the cab. Or if money is not an issue then just get the MFD, Cab and loader /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Might want to look for a left over TL also. You can only order new TL-A's now (at least the price I just got two days ago was for a TL-A). I don't know if there are any incentives for remaining stock TL's and TS's but when I asked a while ago there wasn't.

/ New TN75DA
Hi Robert,

So the TL is upgrading to the A this year as well. I'm also thinking of looking into a TL90 as the other option. My local dealer doesn't have any TLs left but he will look at other dealer's inventory for me. I do know that another local dealer has a used (120 hrs) TL90 fwd w/cab for $32K. If the TN75 is close to that range, I'll be looking seriously at the TL.

Thanks,

/ New TN75DA #9  
I am not positive but I think a TN 75 FWA and Cab will run around 27-28k.

My local dealer has this TL90 listed for 35k. Has 900 hours.
126364-1.jpg

/ New TN75DA #10  
that would be a little strong since we sold one last month new for 38500.00 set up just like that.