Buying price of 1720 from dealer

/ Buying price of 1720 from dealer #1  

bfisherman11

Silver Member
Tractor
LS G3033H
A dealer has a nice condition Ford 1720 4wd w/nice loader. Sheetmetal and paint look good. It is a 1995 year with 720hrs. Dealer is asking $11,500. It has a block heater and loaded tires. Tires are about 60%. Oh, he will deliver free, I am 20 miles away.

Thanks,
Bill

/ Buying price of 1720 from dealer #2  
Hello, I understand, been there before myself, just let me know if you want to see the pics sometime, I have them on my cell if you want them sent to your cell, good luck

thanks
frank

/ Buying price of 1720 from dealer
I sure will. Much appreciated.

/ Buying price of 1720 from dealer #4  
Skip the Shibura built Fords.
For a lot less money you can buy a nice 3600 that has excellent parts availability.

/ Buying price of 1720 from dealer #5  
Skip the Shibura built Fords. For a lot less money you can buy a nice 3600 that has excellent parts availability.

Why skip Shibura built New holland - Fords? I would rather have the Japanese build vs. the Korean builds. Just preference as they seem cheaply made and Korea is not my favorite country to support! Also take a look at an LS tractor, every dang part is from China or Korea. My 2007 Shibura Case has a ton of USA made parts and the tractor frame and engine are from Japan.

The price seems a bit high but I'm sure it's a good old tractor that could last a lifetime. Condition speaks, hours matter also but it if was taken care of then it's worth more in my book.

/ Buying price of 1720 from dealer #6  
I'm a fan of the Shibaura Fords / NH. I've owned several, my brother has two of them, Dad has one. From 1979 to mid-2000 models. No issues with reliability on any of them. They are well designed for easy maintenance and operation. 700 hours is nothing for the 1720. The xx20 series Ford / NH tractors were built in the transition period between Ford and NH. They are built heavy - like the Fords, but quiet and refined like later tractors. Perfect attribute mix for a great tractor. If it is the factory branded loader and all sheetmetal is good with no rust or other problems, I would try to make the best deal I could make and then take it home. With proper care, that machine will be operated by your grandchildren someday. Good luck.