Ford 1510 4x4 with loader price ??

/ Ford 1510 4x4 with loader price ?? #1  

cvcman

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere
I am looking for a loader tractor to move snow with and run a 4ft brush hog on 6 acres of land...would this tractor be good for that ?? Also he wants 8200.00 for it and it has 800 hrs...thoughts ??

How well will this start in winter ??

Thx fellas

/ Ford 1510 4x4 with loader price ?? #2  
More than enough power for a 4' hog. 800 hours on these Shibauras is nothing- BUT if it's like my hour meter the fourth digit is "tenths" of an hour and they go back to zero at 1000. Not saying this one has turned over once, twice, three times, or even four times, like mine, but 800 hours for a machine that old sounds, well........you know.

Oh, and starting in the winter. No problem just make sure the glow plugs are good. If it is below 40 deg mine need about 90 seconds to warm things up for starting.

/ Ford 1510 4x4 with loader price ?? #3  
I had a 1310, great little tractor but cold blooded, it needed glow plugs heating even in july. Mine had a heater on the coolant line so it started fine in the dead of winter. It didnt have a FEL and I fetched $3500 for it on a trade in 7 years ago.

Like Fawken's my 1310 turned over at 999.9 hours, I expect that 1510 does too >same era as mine. 8200 really is top dollars for this IMO

/ Ford 1510 4x4 with loader price ??
I had a 1310, great little tractor but cold blooded, it needed glow plugs heating even in july. Mine had a heater on the coolant line so it started fine in the dead of winter. It didnt have a FEL and I fetched $3500 for it on a trade in 7 years ago.

Like Fawken's my 1310 turned over at 999.9 hours, I expect that 1510 does too >same era as mine. 8200 really is top dollars for this IMO

hum well I looked at another near me,,,its a TC24D with a loader...9k he wants...565 hrs....how do these two compare for snow removal and brush hogging ? And cost ??

/ Ford 1510 4x4 with loader price ?? #5  
hum well I looked at another near me,,,its a TC24D with a loader...9k he wants...565 hrs....how do these two compare for snow removal and brush hogging ? And cost ??

Its basically the same tractor_ 20 Pto HP 3cylinders Shibaura diesel only the NH is half as old. Both would handle a 4ft brush hog or 5ft snow blower no problem. Of those I would definitely go with the NH TC24D and I bet it does have the regular hour meter that goes to 10 000 so its more to be trusted than the 30 years old Ford with 800hrs on the clock

Its basically the same tractor_ 20 Pto HP 3cylinders Shibaura diesel only the NH is half as old. Both would handle a 4ft brush hog or 5ft snow blower no problem. Of those I would definitely go with the NH TC24D and I bet it does have the regular hour meter that goes to 10 000 so its more to be trusted than the 30 years old Ford with 800hrs on the clock

The TC has loaded rear tires...will that bucket handle moving snow ? is the TC worth the money ??

/ Ford 1510 4x4 with loader price ?? #7  
The TC has loaded rear tires...will that bucket handle moving snow ? is the TC worth the money ??
Not to be rude, but he already answered the questions. That bucket can handle wet sand or gravel so, yes snow would be easier. As far as is it worth it? How would we know without looking at it, driving it, etc. It could be $4000 and still not a bargain if the tires are rotten, the hydraulics are leaking, the rings are bad, and the clutch is going out. I'd say if it is good shape that sounds pretty fair.

/ Ford 1510 4x4 with loader price ?? #8  
Sure you can clear a shorter driveway with the FEL but if its more than say 100 ft long it will be time consuming , a snow blower is way more efficient and does a cleaner job.

As for price check Tractorhouse, they have several TC24 and Ford 1510 and compare, note that those are the ASKING prices

http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1111&Manu=NEW+HOLLAND&MDLGrp=TC24

Awww Fawken,,,not to be rude but no one answered on the bucket removing snow before I asked a second time :)

Diesel,I only want to use the bucket to knock down banks at the end of my blacktop driveway....also move mulch and gravel etc...so it sounds like this would work fine....

/ Ford 1510 4x4 with loader price ?? #10  
Awww Fawken,,,not to be rude but no one answered on the bucket removing snow before I asked a second time :)

Diesel,I only want to use the bucket to knock down banks at the end of my blacktop driveway....also move mulch and gravel etc...so it sounds like this would work fine....

Sorry about that.....just get a little perturbed when I see someone getting a new tractor and it isn't me!:D After 32 years with the same old blue one, haven't I earned it yet?