TC24d 4x4 with loader,,?'s

/ TC24d 4x4 with loader,,?'s #1  

cvcman

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere
Ok I now an looking at a TC24D with front loader..4x4...clock shows 560 hrs....looks clean and runs well,,gear drive with loaded rear industrial tires...he wants 9k...my question is this...I want to be able to brush hog a 5 acre field and move some gravel and bucket down snowbanks at the end of my driveway..

Some have told me this is a toy and I need at least 35 hp tractor to do what I want..

Thoughts on this and price...
thx

/ TC24d 4x4 with loader,,?'s #2  
I've had my 24D since it was new, by no means is this thing a toy. When I built my pole barn, I moved over 200 tons of fill into it to bring it level. I've scrapped the driveway, leveled additional gravel that I've had hauled in. When we built our new goat barn 18 months ago, I had to move dirt into it to have it brought up to level. I can't tell you how much I moved since I didn't have to have it brought it, but I can tell you this, it was way more than the 200 I put in the first building. I bush hog 2 acres or so with it a couple times a year w/ a 4' cutter. When I do it, the weeds are tall, so the 4' is all it wants as it is pretty tough stuff by then. If I were to do it more often, it would easily run a 5' cutter. I do use a 5' box blade and 5' tiller with it. Though that will depend upon the type of soil you have.

/ TC24d 4x4 with loader,,?'s
I've had my 24D since it was new, by no means is this thing a toy. When I built my pole barn, I moved over 200 tons of fill into it to bring it level. I've scrapped the driveway, leveled additional gravel that I've had hauled in. When we built our new goat barn 18 months ago, I had to move dirt into it to have it brought up to level. I can't tell you how much I moved since I didn't have to have it brought it, but I can tell you this, it was way more than the 200 I put in the first building. I bush hog 2 acres or so with it a couple times a year w/ a 4' cutter. When I do it, the weeds are tall, so the 4' is all it wants as it is pretty tough stuff by then. If I were to do it more often, it would easily run a 5' cutter. I do use a 5' box blade and 5' tiller with it. Though that will depend upon the type of soil you have.

How do I know the hours are accurate and no one spun it ?? Anything to look out for and is 9k too much

/ TC24d 4x4 with loader,,?'s #4  
Not sure how to tell if the proof meter was tampered with or not. My guess would be probably not. That how range isn't unheard of for that year of tractor. For a gear drive tractor, around here that price would be a bit much, but if it is in good shape it could be worth the money.

/ TC24d 4x4 with loader,,?'s #5  
I have a TZ24DA and it will do all the work you mentioned. I've moved several yards of dirt/gravel, cleared black berry bushed, ripped out fence posts, and so on. The TC is a beefier version of what I have, and has more loader capacity. You should be just fine!

The price is about right. I paid $8500 for mine, and it has more hours than that one.

Regards,

Chris

/ TC24d 4x4 with loader,,?'s #6  
It is a big toy; it will do the chores you mentioned if you are patient. Of course a heavier machine will do them easier and in less time, the choice is yours. I don't know how you could verify that the hours are accurate other than look at it the way you'd look at a used car. Does the overall condition look appropriate for a machine with those hours. Does the rubber have a lot of life left, are the pedals worn down although the paint wears off fast, how is the general look and feel of it, etc..