Tractor
    TC40D

Default Gotta tractor!!!!!!!

Just wanted to let you all know I'm the proud owner of a fine used TC40D 4 x 4 tractor w/supersteer, hydro trans, & a very clean 16LA fel. I had an opportunity to work it for about 30 minutes and it was great.
    Thanks to the forum members who mentioned some of NH's 'issues'.
    I had the good fortune to be able to use the lo coolant temp indicator to my advantage in negotiations, I believe, as the owner agreed that certainly after that time it should be at op temp.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]( Thanks DocHeb, Jinman and pineridge for that info!)

I just happened to have a suggestion as to how it might be corrected.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

The kicker for me was was the guy had a Woods 7' rotary cutter out behind the silo he was willing to part with. I worked a deal with him and we're both pleased......hope he delivers by the weekend!!

Thanks again vets for all the constructive input over the past year or so. .......gotta go change my profile!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Default Re: Gotta tractor!!!!!!!

Welcome to the blue team!

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Choreboy you are going to love that TC-40D I know I do. I do have a question though. I thought that if a TC-40D had SuperSteer then the loader had to be a 17LA so the front wheels would not hit the loader arms. Are you sure you got a 16LA or am I mistaken with my information?

Congratulations on that new blue ride! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    TC40D

Yikes, Pine Ridge, did I miss one of the 'finer' points of loader ops by failing to try it through every possible pitch and angle?
    I worked some sand and gravel for a few minutes with no problems, I hope I don't have a surprise waitng for me.
    I know it was a 16LA loader though.......I'll keep you posted

Tractor
    TC40D

You are correct, if it is a supersteer it should have a 17la loader.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    '53 Golden Jubilee and a NH TC33DA with 14LA loader

Way to go, Choreboy [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. Very nice setup you're getting. Should make doing those "chores" not only easier but a little more fun also [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

Choreboy

Welcome to the Blue Team. You're gonna love it..[img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Andy