Price Check How Do You Determining Pricing?

/ How Do You Determining Pricing? #1  

jtcweb

Tractor
Ford 2N, Ford 4000 and DR Field & Brush Mower
I'm hoping to do a major change in what I own tractor-wise. I want to sell my two tractors and buy a different one, but cannot find a way to come up with a fair price. I actually want to downsize in tractor as I got a lot of the heavy work done on my property and now I'm hoping to get a compact diesel. I'll likely have to sell some of my implements also as they are sized for the larger tractors.

I'm hoping to sell a 1964 Ford 4000 gas row crop and a 9N. The implements I will sell would be a 7' scraper blade and rear scoop/bucket. I also have 5' box scraper, 5' brush hog and 5' flail mower, but I'm thinking a compact tractor might not be able to power the mowers.

I'm looking at a Ford 1100 with a FEL that hasn't run for over a decade that includes 4' brush and finish mowers as well as a snow blower. If I can get this I'll sell my 5' mowers.

For my lawn I plan on getting a ZTR next year so the weekly grass cutting will not need to be done by my tractor.

Any insights you can provide would be great.

/ How Do You Determining Pricing? #2  
I guess your selling prices depend on the condition / hours on the machines and implements you have.
Used 5' brush hogs / flail mowers / scrapers in my area each sell in the ballpark of $400-800 depending on condition.
A good running 4000 may sell for $2500 and up.
Same for a 9N $1500 and up.
Check Tractorhouse.com for asking prices of similar tractors.
As far as the 1100 that hasn't been run in over a decade I'd run the other way. Sounds like it would be a money pit to me.
Maybe look for something a little newer like a subcompact or even a compact tractor. A compact would handle your 5' attachments that might be too much for a subcompact.
The money you make selling your two tractors could be a down payment on a brand new compact or subcompact with loader. A few brands have 0% interest.

/ How Do You Determining Pricing? #3  
The price of used tractors and implements will always be set by how bad you want to get rid of them and how bad a prospective buyer needs them. I have been buying and rebuilding antique automobiles (1899-1931) as a hobby for 30 years and am always amazed at what people think great grandfathers Model T is worth. In their eyes 30K-50K is reasonable due to its supposed rarity when in reality the Model T group buys and sells them all the time for under 10K because it may take another 15K-20K to rebuild them back to original condition. Clean your stuff up, put them up for sale and see what they will bring.

/ How Do You Determining Pricing? #4  
The price of used tractors and implements will always be set by how bad you want to get rid of them and how bad a prospective buyer needs them..
Yes! Great answer.
Also availability comes into play, if someone else is also selling similar object on the "market"
You speak about gramps $30k Model T that "in reality" is worth $10k. -thats the thing, there is no shared reality. They really do have a car that's worth $30k, TO THEM. And because it so valuable they should, and get to, keep it.

/ How Do You Determining Pricing? #5  
Yes! Great answer. Also availability comes into play, if someone else is also selling similar object on the "market" You speak about gramps $30k Model T that "in reality" is worth $10k. -thats the thing, there is no shared reality. They really do have a car that's worth $30k, TO THEM. And because it so valuable they should, and get to, keep it.

Model T's are far from rare. They may be old but Ford made over 16.5 million of them. That is a lot. Therefore the low price range for them for their age. These were a car for the people and were mass produced for decades.

/ How Do You Determining Pricing? #6  
the pice of used tractors is based on what they are really worth.depending on wich 4000 you have it might bring $4000 or less.the 9n depending on its looks $1500 to maybe $2500.your equipment for the tractors less than $2000.

/ How Do You Determining Pricing? #7  
If you plan to get a compact, don't sell your 5' box scraper, and 5' brush hog. Any compact will run them just fine. I paid $8200 for my Ford 1715 4x4 with a 5' brush hog, and FEL with low hours. If you get $3500 for the 4000, and $1500 for the 9N, you're almost there. The Ford 1710 might be a great option for you as well. I see them sell for around $6k in good condition with 4x4 and FEL. This generation of tractors are pretty much bulletproof (1710,1715,1720).

Chris