New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610

/ New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610 #1  

OutBurst

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026r
I will finally be purchasing a tractor this week and I have two to choose from:

2002 kubota L4610 HST with LA852 loader and Woods Groundbreaker 9000 backhoe with manual thumb - 1350hrs - very clean - $20,000

2006 New Holland TC45DA with 16LA loader and New Holland 758C backhoe - 1550hrs - very clean as well - $18,000

$2,000 is not a tremendous amount of money so I won't let it make my decision for me - I just want the better tractor. The Kubota has a stronger loader while the New Holland is newer.

Thoughts?

View attachment 446806View attachment 446807

/ New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610 #2  
I don't know about he kubota, but you would like the new holland. I have a 2001, and seems just right. I will keep mine forever.

Chris

/ New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610 #3  
The NH is a hair heavier and has a hair more hydraulic flow, plus its a more pleasing to look at blue. :)

Honestly, they're both good machines. I was considering either a new L series of a used TC40 DA when I bought my tractor, I ended up with the TC40 DA. The deciding factor for me were that the tractor was heavier, the ergonomics were better laid out and the loader felt a lot smoother and stronger to me. I really like the joystick on the NH vs the loader lever on the Kubota, it's a lot more comfortable to use when doing a lot of loader work. I think you'd be happy with either, just decide which one feels "right" to you.

/ New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610 #4  
i might be bias i own a tc45d but i work for a equipment rental place that has kubotas for me i don't like the loader control after a 1/2 hour of heavy usage my arm is tired new holland you have your arm down bye your side not it in the air . 2nd is the kubotas hyd wine i have no problem listening to both diesel engine but the hyd wine to me is annoying
looking at picks new holland has quick change bucket. That kubota in pic is pined you can buy bobcat adapter but thats more $$ you have to spend

new holland will use more fuel
parts and oils / filters are cheaper

for me kubota parts are in stock new holland i have to order
and as you see the resale $$ of kubota will be more if you want to sell later

but both will get the job done

/ New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610
Thanks everyone - I am leaning towards the Kubota simply for the higher loader capacity (over 300lbs). I have thought about the loader joystick's ergonomics and I think I can overcome that by fabricating an extension with some sort of bend (also quick-disconnect to allow freedom of maneuver from the joystick side). The blue is better-looking than the orange, though...

/ New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610 #6  
The joy stick position on the Kubota would not be an issue for me.
My tractor has a joystick similar to the Kubota and I like it just fine.
I've run tractors with the joy stick beside the seat vs on the loader and either position is a non issue IMO.

/ New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610 #7  
I've sold them both, the TC45 is my favorite New Holland compact. Kubota makes killer stuff as well. I could really go either way. Biggest strike against the blue one is that CNH parted ways with the factory that built the tractor and parts are getting expensive. I'd have a hard time knocking anything on the Kubota, other than the price is a tad on the high side for what we see here in PA.

/ New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610 #8  
I used to own a 2001 tc35 and now have a bright orange Kubota. For me the loader mounted joysticks are always a non starter.

I tell you, I like the power and hydro in my new Kubota but I really miss the visibility offered by the hood and loader on the TC. That and the hydraulics feel like they were stronger. The spec sheet says I am supposed to have a lot more lift and breakout with my new Kubota but it just does not feel like it.

/ New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610 #9  
I used to own a 2001 tc35 and now have a bright orange Kubota. For me the loader mounted joysticks are always a non starter.

I tell you, I like the power and hydro in my new Kubota but I really miss the visibility offered by the hood and loader on the TC. That and the hydraulics feel like they were stronger. The spec sheet says I am supposed to have a lot more lift and breakout with my new Kubota but it just does not feel like it.

One of the things I did with every tractor I looked at was see how much the tractor struggled to pick itself up with the loader at low RPM (about 1500). None of the Kubota's I looked did very well at this, the NH TC40 DA I bought lifted itself all the way to the limits of it's movement with no hesitation. I've run a lot of rented Kubota's and will say that I've found "weak feeling" hydraulics seem to be the norm with them. I also found that their hydro drives whine A LOT, I always felt like they were going to come apart on me but it's just the way they are. I don't regret my purchase at all but I'm sure a Kubota would have done most of what I wanted as well, they both make good machines. I will relay this though, my sales guy told me that people that plan to work their tractors usually end up buying NH and people that are primarily weekend warriors usually end up with Kubota. He carries both lines, the used NH I bought was less than the new Kubota I was looking at and I wasn't 100% committed one way or the other when he said that so I think he was relaying an honest opinion. I have lunch with the guy from time to time and as I've gotten to know him away from the dealership, I believe that even more.

/ New Holland TC45DA vs Kubota L4610
All you guys are suggesting New Holland for good reason but how much of this can I say is because this is in a New Holland forum?