Price check Boomer 47

/ Price check Boomer 47 #1  

torsinadoc

Tractor
None
I am considering a boomer 47 cab/CVT/FEL. They price quote was32000
That included radio/AC/Heat

The question is do I just get the LS without a dealer nearby or go with the dealer right by my house. I could also come in around the LS prices. Not sure how they sell these with the same tractor being cheaper

/ Price check Boomer 47 #2  
Whether you buy from a nearby dealer or not I'd guess it depends on whether you can do your own basic service work. If you can then order the factory service and parts manuals with the tractor. If not, do you have a way to transport the tractor to the dealer. Some dealers will charge a pick up and delivery fee. I have an LS XR3037HC and nearest dealer is about 25 miles away. I have four other brand dealers closer but they could not come close to the LS price when I was shopping. The only reason I'd need to take it to the dealer is for a warranty issue. For parts such as filters I call my dealer and order them shipped direct to me. I've got 2 years on the tractor with no issues (knock on wood) and don't expect any problems. LS builds the Boomer series so they are similar tractors.
Talk to the dealers and see which brand you feel comfortable with. Ask about warranty and service.

/ Price check Boomer 47
Basic stuff I can probably do with service manual. It is hard to justify 3-4k difference

/ Price check Boomer 47 #4  
I just noticed on your first line you say CVT. Be advised that the CVT models are built by Fiat-NH in Mexico, the LS Boomers will be gear or Hydrostat

/ Price check Boomer 47
So now I am confused. I thought the boomer series was LS rebadged but there maybe some that are Fiat brand? I know the dealer mentioned 3 times the CVT and corrected me when I said HST.

/ Price check Boomer 47 #6  
LS makes the standard Boomer series (Gear & HST) and also the smaller Workmaster series. The Boomer 3000 series (3040,45,50) are CVT and have a Shibaura engine... these were Shibaura built I believe (though I've seen some say these were NH built). The new Deluxe-CVT Boomer's are made by Fiat-NH, are built in Mexico, and feature a Fiat (FPT) engine. I believe Fiat-NH bought the Shibaura tooling for these and moved production to their Mexico plant. (Ironically Shibaura sold their SCUT tooling to Daedong, and the newer Kioti SCUT's use this tooling).

/ Price check Boomer 47
Ok. I learned something today. Thanks. The quote was for the 47. The salesman was saying CVT but looking at the website he was incorrect as it is either a shuttle or HST. The CVT appear quite a bit more expensive.

/ Price check Boomer 47 #8  
I was quoted 33k, and 35k by two dealers for a Boomer 47, cab 4wd FEL and gears.

/ Price check Boomer 47 #9  
TSO is correct. The NH and Case IH compacts over the past 5 or so years have been a bit confusing when trying to trace the actual manufacturer. At any rate, I was recently quoted $41k for a new leftover 2014 case ih cvt cab 45 with loader through a Tractor House dealer. WOW! NH should be slightly less, but bear in mind these are the Mexican built Fiat/ex-Shibaura versions I'm referencing. You were likely looking at an LS built unit. I poked my head in one at a farm show earlier this month and was pleasantly impressed with the quality. I'm a Shibaura fan, but at least these LS units have a Shibaura engine, I believe.

/ Price check Boomer 47
So it looks like their quote was reasonable. They are very close to my property. The nearest LS dealer is more than 90 min away