Ford 3910

/ Ford 3910 #1  

jacain

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 2600 Ford 3910
Thinking about going to look at a 3910. The guy wants $3800 or best offer. It has a little front end damage (says it's cosmetic) and missing the 3 point hitch link arms. They were using it to tote a dump trailer around at a cemetary. The add says it has 4 spools for hookup too.

I was thinking about asking a little under 3 (maybe less) for it if everything works. I need a tractor to run an auger for a big fence project and I figure this would be much better than my 2600 that lacks an live/independent pto. I ultimately want a 4wd tractor, but it's not I'm the budget now. I don't plan on running a loader as I know the front ends are similar to the 2600 and not very stout. I just figured it would be a worthy upgrade to the 2600 since it has a diff-loc, independent pto, more power and inboard wet disc brakes.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help. He is supposed to be sending me better pics and approximate hours today once he gets to work.

uploadfromtaptalk1458035686919.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1458035698213.jpg

Last edited:
   / Ford 3910
Looks like you can pick up a nose cone on ebay for $175 and then I could just tig up an aluminum grill for it.

Is it possible to swap the heavier 4610 front to these things?

/ Ford 3910 #4  
First, understand it just has 2 hydraulic circuits. Doesn't sound like you are buying it to do hydraulic work so that's probably not a concern.

I'd be most concerned about the missing 3pt system. Since you don't publish your location I'm not sure where to direct you to look for a used set. Here's an outfit I have bought from. Very good people.

Tractor Parts | Used Parts | Worthington Ag Parts

I'm not sure about swapping the front??

The busted nose cone is very common. I built a guard to protect mine, incorporating a hitch receiver and built to hold suitcase weights. Also incorporated a chainbox that uses the hitch receiver.

I don't think the price is way out of line, but I'd be like you and offer $3K. My justification would be the cost of replacing the 3pt system.

I've got $11K in my 4wd model and I totally understand the budget thing!!! Good luck and post the results. :)

20141210_162417 (1280x720).jpg 20150306_123852 (1280x720).jpg

/ Ford 3910
Sorry, I fixed the location thing. I'll most definitly check Worthington out and really appreciate the info/help. You are right about the hydraulics thing, I don't plan on purchasing it for that. Long term, I really want a 4630/3930FWD with the dual pumps or a 545dFWD skip loader. This tractor would get me by in the mean time. That is a real nice looking 3910 you have there and I love the gaurd/chainbox that you made.

/ Ford 3910 #6  
A friend of mine has a 4610FWD. I'd like to swap him when he's not looking..... :) I am a bit short on HP sometimes. As for the FWD, I'd be lost without it. Spend a lot of time in the timber. I use my hydraulics a lot and sometimes wish it had 3 circuits. Good luck with your search/purchase.

/ Ford 3910
A friend of mine has a 4610FWD. I'd like to swap him when he's not looking..... :) I am a bit short on HP sometimes. As for the FWD, I'd be lost without it. Spend a lot of time in the timber. I use my hydraulics a lot and sometimes wish it had 3 circuits. Good luck with your search/purchase.
Lol! I hear you about never having enough power and the importance of FWD. I have gotten by with my clapped out 2600 for years, but it's just time to upgrade a little especially with the big field fence project around the corner.

Just thought of something, I might be able to temporarily use the 3 point stuff from the 2600 until I can find replacements. Then I could wait for a good deal on stuff.

Here are a few timber related pics of my 2600. Thanks again for the help and take care.

uploadfromtaptalk1458053404792.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1458053434040.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1458053528925.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1458053759153.jpg

/ Ford 3910 #8  
Yes, you might be able to borrow the 3pt from the 2600, not sure. The 3910 is a CAT I/II system. But you still might be able to make it work.

Your 2600 earns it's keep doesn't it!!!!! :)

/ Ford 3910 #9  
I think it would be fun to try and put that 3910 back together, if you can do it for a respasonable price. You could end up with a real workhorse at a bargain price, many tractor buyers can't see past the sheet metal damage and missing 3 pt parts, so probably not much competition for it.

/ Ford 3910 #10  
I think it would be fun to try and put that 3910 back together, if you can do it for a respasonable price. You could end up with a real workhorse at a bargain price, many tractor buyers can't see past the sheet metal damage and missing 3 pt parts, so probably not much competition for it.

Well stated. I agree.