Thoughts on a TC33D

/ Thoughts on a TC33D #11  
Hey Motown......yeah, probably don't "need" a backhoe, but I've got some projects that could use it and seemed to be an overall more useable package. Not completely set on that. Regarding what I need a tractor for......mostly log skidding and clearing work as I prepare to build a house. After that, maintaining a driveway and snow removal and general maintenance of 35 wooded acres.

If you don't need the hoe, don't buy one. They're very expensive! If I was you, I'd spend the money either on a bigger tractor with a more capable loader, or perhaps a cabbed version of what you're looking at. Or, buy one of the machines you're looking at, and spend the hoe money on a nice used UTV.

Some folks really put their backhoes to good use, but I'd want to be darned sure I needed one before dropping the coin.

/ Thoughts on a TC33D #12  
Also, that offer for the PDF manual applies to anyone else who wants one. Send me a PM for details.

/ Thoughts on a TC33D #13  
I have had a TC33D with a FEL for 16 yrs and just love it. If I had a backhoe I would have probably used it quite a bit but have not missed one either since as recommended above you can always rent a trackhoe or something. There have been few problems such as the steering wheel lock decided to quit working at one point but after fixing it I have not had any problems with it again. Mine does not have the SS and I have not missed that either even though I thought I would early on. The only time I have been tempted by another tractor type is with the John Deere quick hitch (or whatever they call it) equipment. For me it is a pain to change implements but that is just me. I had an old Kubota with manual transmission before that and was always worn out at the end of the day. The HST on the NH cured all that and made life great again. All in all it is a great little tractor and has been very dependable.

/ Thoughts on a TC33D #14  
I'm looking for another tractor and looked at a few tc33's along with Massey 1533/40. All of the tc33's were hydro which on this tractor search I prefer a shuttle shift. They are nicely featured tractors and comfortable. Does anyone know if any tc33's were built with a shuttle shift or was choice only hydro or gear?

Also to the op, I initially bought a scut with BH because I wanted one and ended up trading in for larger tractor primarily for larger BH. You have 35 acres, you will not be sorry purchasing a tractor with BH. Especially in your situation as outlined. As far as renting a mini ex, sounds ok, but it won't be available when you need it to quickly handle a job, rental fees, transport, etc.

A couple months ago my neighbor brought over a mini ex for me to try out and I told him thanks, but it has less power than my tractor backhoe. I told him I needed something larger with a heated cab. Well, a week later he brought over a Bobcat E45 excavator with heated cab...now that was pretty cool....neighbor and equipment.

Last edited:
   / Thoughts on a TC33D #15  
I'm looking for another tractor and looked at a few tc33's along with Massey 1533/40. All of the tc33's were hydro which on this tractor search I prefer a shuttle shift. They are nicely featured tractors and comfortable. Does anyone know if any tc33's were built with a shuttle shift or was choice only hydro or gear?

Also to the op, I initially bought a scut with BH because I wanted one and ended up trading in for larger tractor primarily for larger BH. You have 35 acres, you will not be sorry purchasing a tractor with BH. Especially in your situation as outlined. As far as renting a mini ex, sounds ok, but it won't be available when you need it to quickly handle a job, rental fees, transport, etc.

A couple months ago my neighbor brought over a mini ex for me to try out and I told him thanks, but it has less power than my tractor backhoe. I told him I needed something larger with a heated cab. Well, a week later he brought over a Bobcat E45 excavator with heated cab...now that was pretty cool....neighbor and equipment.

9x3 gear or hydro. No shuttle