Dealer You know you have a great dealer when...

/ You know you have a great dealer when... #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
...you stop into the store to get some filters and oil and come away with nearly $1,000 worth of goodies. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Okay, that's not entirely true, but I wasn't planning on buying anything major. Because of the deal my NH dealer made me, I just could not help myself. If anyone in N. Texas does not check with McMaster New Holland on Hwy 287 in Decatur, Tx prior to buying, you may be missing a great deal. I know this is a shameless "plug" and that's exactly what I meant it to be. The three McMaster brothers are improving their store and have a great inventory of tractors and implements. Just because you don't see it, you should ask. They might have what you need sitting in their warehouse.

So why am I so pleased? Well, I bought a 72" toothbar that fit my 16LA heavy duty bucket perfectly for under $300. This thing has removable/replaceable teeth and even came with the correct mounting bolts. The suggested retail price is about $350 and that would be a bargain. It wasn't a "close" fit, it was a perfect fit. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif There are 1-1/2" slots on the bar to the sides of the bucket for the bolts, and I never had to even pry the bar to line it up perfectly.

While I was talking to Steve, I mentioned I'd like to add a tilt cylinder to my 3PH, but needed to add an additional two remote valves. Well, he made me a price well below retail on the two valves and said he could order me a bolt-on 8" throw tilt cylinder and have it in three days with the restrictor valve and hoses. The total quote including the toothbar, remotes, and tilt "kit" was less than $950. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif How could I refuse. This dealer has a history of surprising me this way. He's the same one I "negotiated" my tractor purchase with and he quoted me a price $100 less than what I had figured was the bottom dollar. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Okay, I did buy a tractor from this dealer and I do send everyone to him that I can, but how could I not do that when he gives me such great deals and service? If you are in N. Texas and want to deal with a great family dealership, do yourself a favor and stop by McMaster in Decatur. They've sure made a loyal customer out of me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ You know you have a great dealer when... #2  
The proof is in the details, congrats on having a great dealer, they are a rare as hens teeth.

Myu dealer got bought out and now there is nothing that is less than book MSRP on ANYTING. Well, he lost me.

You are one lucky dude.

Dane

/ You know you have a great dealer when... #3  
Jim you really fell into it on that deal. Sounds like the brothers three treated you very well. You are going to end up with 3 rear remotes, top & tilt, and a toothbar. That's a winning combination by anyones opinion.

I would be willing to bet that the toothbar that you purchased is made by FFC. If so it's a real piece of work. Were there any markings on the box that it came in? Does it install over your existing replaceable cutting edge?

/ You know you have a great dealer when...
Mike, my toothbar won't fit over the bolt-on cutting edge because the bolts sticking up on the inside get in the way. I could have made it fit with modification, but the thing is so strong I decided I didn't need the extra strength of the cutter bar. Anyhow, my dealer told me it was a New Holland toothbar. Maybe it's the same as the one from a skidsteer. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I just know it fit perfectly and I've already worn all the paint off of it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, the toplink cylinder is not part of my deal. I already have on of those and I'll just keep it. I did a job today that would have been 3-times easier if I'd had that tilt cylinder. I'm really looking forward to getting it installed. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ You know you have a great dealer when... #5  
I think since since we both bought our tooth-bars from NH that they are one and the same. I also have to remove my replaceable cutting edge on my bucket to install mine. I have been working the snot out of mine lately. There is no comparison in digging ability with a tooth-bar installed.

My Top & Tilt cylinders finally showed up today and I just finished installing them. Now if I could just make up my mind on which box-blade I want I could make a purchase and actually put the hydraulic cylinders to use. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'll most likely call Corriher's and get one headed this way. I like the way the First Choice is built. It uses 1/2 thick end plates on the HD model, is gusseted for added strength, and I believe that I can get it in blue to match the New Holland. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ You know you have a great dealer when... #6  
Jim,
Sounds like you have a great dealer. If I could I would stop in and check them out. By the looks of the pictures you showed us awhile back they do have a good stock of inventory. Congradulations on the deal you got. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Wish we all had local dealers that nice. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ You know you have a great dealer when... #7  
Jim,

I visit McMasters when ever I'm in Decatur. If I get a TC55DA, this is where I plan to buy it.

Doyle