Comparison New Holland Workmaster

/ New Holland Workmaster #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
How do you guys like these tractors? I think I want a 75 but wanted to check with everyone to be sure. Thank you

/ New Holland Workmaster #2  
I can't give you any insight on the 75. I have owned a 50 for the past 4 months and just performed the 50 hours service. So far no issues. The 75 is Tier 3 with the 195 cu in engine where as mine is the Tier 4B final 3 cylinder 135 cu in engine. I think that the 75 would be a very good hay tractor. The engine is manufactured by Fiat with production of the unit in India. IMHO they offer a lot of value.

/ New Holland Workmaster
I can't give you any insight on the 75. I have owned a 50 for the past 4 months and just performed the 50 hours service. So far no issues. The 75 is Tier 3 with the 195 cu in engine where as mine is the Tier 4B final 3 cylinder 135 cu in engine. I think that the 75 would be a very good hay tractor. The engine is manufactured by Fiat with production of the unit in India. IMHO they offer a lot of value.

Thank you

/ New Holland Workmaster #4  
We don't see a lot of Workmaster owners posting on here so it's hard to find information about them. Keep us posted on your decision.

/ New Holland Workmaster #5  
I have owned a Workmaster 75 for a little over a year and like it so far. A few things that I don't like are: old school 8 speed transmission, no shuttle, for loader work it needs more weight on the back end, I have added 600 lbs of weights and will probably load the rear tires sometime, only 1 rear remote, which I use for the hydraulic top link that I have added. Other than those things I am very happy with the tractor and do not regret buying it, plenty of power and it is easy to drive.

/ New Holland Workmaster #6  
I consider the Workmaster a basic tractor. Is that fair? Thus, no shuttle, one rear remote, etc.?

/ New Holland Workmaster #7  
True on the 65, & 75 models. The 45 and 55 had synchronized mechanical shuttle shift. New Holland re-engineered for 2015 a Tier 4B engine. The 50, 60, & 70 has the synchronized mechanical shuttle shift. My unit was equipped with R4's and a 621 TL FEL. The loader is manufactured in Tedford Tennessee for New Holland by Alo. The loader lifts 119" and is rated to 3550# at the pins and 2200# 800 mm out front. With loaded rears I am over 6K. The Fiat engine is turbocharged and inter-cooled with an EGR and Catalytic Convertor. No DPF. One rear remote is standard.

/ New Holland Workmaster
I was just reviewing the NH website and it says the 70 has a tiny 136 cu.in engine. Is that at typo? Surely has to for a 70hp tractor.

/ New Holland Workmaster #9  
The 50, 60, and 70 Workmaster all use the same engine block at 136 cu. in. I would assume differences in HP are due to increased fuel delivery and timing. Did not know but discovered that Fiat invented variable valve timing and common rail technology. Hopefully this configuration will prove to be reliable.

/ New Holland Workmaster
Wow that's a extremely small engine for that size tractor. I'm disappointed in that as there is no way it has any low end torque. I'm sure this engine is strong when when at mid and higher Rpms when all hp is available but torque is produced at lower Rpms and can be very beneficial with tractors. I'm sure the reason is that they are trying to meet newer emission standards but need higher engine Rpms to accomplish this.