Buying Advice Ford 5610 MWFD with can

/ Ford 5610 MWFD with can #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Gentlemen,

I have a opportunity to buy one of these. Farmer needs to sell it and says cranks in cold weather and runs good. It is 4x4 with a cab. I'm told not many of these were ever shipped to the US and maybe not any as new. Just not sure but I'm a old Ford guy and love the smaller 10 series so hoping this is a good prospect as well. Should I be concerned that not many of this exact version was sold in the US? Are the a good model? He's asking 9k and says it runs good. Thoughts?

/ Ford 5610 MWFD with can #2  
Anyone that thinks that no 5610 MFD cab tractors were sold in North America must be on crack.
That's just about the most absurd thing I have read on TBN in a while.
And if you hang around here long enough there is some real sketchy stuff posted.
They are great tractors if maintained well. There are more than a few I sell parts for and several were sold new at the small dealership I work at.

/ Ford 5610 MWFD with can
Well I wondered about that. I know a lot about the 4000,4600, 4610 and down but the owner seems to think for some reason that the cab MWFD versions were not sold here new. Anyways if this tractor is reliable like all my smaller 10 series then I'm going to pull the trigger on it for my new farm. Just as long as it runs and operates like he says it does. I didn't see many on tractor house which is strange. A lot of 2 wheel drives but very few cab MWFD's. Thanks RickB.

/ Ford 5610 MWFD with can #4  
How'd you make out sawtooth?

/ Ford 5610 MWFD with can #5  
Well I wondered about that. I know a lot about the 4000,4600, 4610 and down but the owner seems to think for some reason that the cab MWFD versions were not sold here new. Anyways if this tractor is reliable like all my smaller 10 series then I'm going to pull the trigger on it for my new farm. Just as long as it runs and operates like he says it does. I didn't see many on tractor house which is strange. A lot of 2 wheel drives but very few cab MWFD's. Thanks RickB.

Not sure I'd worry about how many cab models were sold here if the tractor itself is as solid as most of that vintage Fords were. Pictures please.

Not a beauty queen for sure but he says it runs strong and cranks up fast in cold weather. The problem is part of the steering assembly broke and he's having a hard time finding the part. Can you guys help. See attached pics. IMG_0940.JPGIMG_0941.JPGIMG_0942.JPGIMG_0944.JPG

/ Ford 5610 MWFD with can #7  
Can't tell what all is broken from the picture, but a used box or parts from a 56, 66 or 7610 tractor with or without a cab should give enough parts to salvage or adapt. 56, 66 and 7600's used the same box, but not sure what is different in the 10 series.

Ok so 56,66and 7600 steering is all the same whether they have a cab or not? And I'm assuming just the MWFD models correct? Reason I ask is that there seem to be a lot less of the 4x4 versions. Thank you

/ Ford 5610 MWFD with can #9  
The column is different for the cab, which bolts on to the broken valve body, but the box and shaft are the same whether 2WD or 4WD. They changed the valve height (from 2.6 to 2.75") and fittings at one point. The 56, 66, 7610 and 5900 boxes are essentially the same.
In Apr. 1985 for the 10 series, Ford went to a hydrostatic steering system with a steering motor and cylinder on the axle. The Mexican built 5900 was the old style box like yours and was started into production in 1985.

Ok so any idea where to find part. So far I'm striking out.