TC33D or TC33DA ??

/ TC33D or TC33DA ?? #1  

buz

First of all, thanks to all of you out there for helping me get to this point in my decision. I have found so much helpful advice on this forum.

I have looked a orange, green and blue and just about every model in each of these, and have decided that the TC33D(A) is for me. I think its just the right size for my 5 hilly acres and the features and price really beat out the competition. And most important - I really like it!

Anyway, my dealer has only the older model TC33D on the lot and I think he really wants to see it gone before ordering up a new TC33DAs. But I think I want the new TC33DA model, why not, NH must have been designing this for quite some time and its better, isn't it? After much cajoling, I have persuaded him to order me the DA if I want, or he would give me a better deal on the D.

So here's the choice I have to make (keep in mind here in CA I'm sure are higher than in most other parts of the country):

$18,500: TC33D w/loader and supersteer

$19,500: TC33DA 14LA loader w/quick-attach, grille guard

The 33D is certainly priced a lot better, since supersteer is about a $1200 option, and quick-attach and grill guard are only about a $500 option.

I'm not sure I even need supersteer anyway. I will not be doing finish mowing with this machine. I'll be working on removing an apple orchard, renovating a creek/woods area, tilling a garden, field mowing. Although eventually I would like to plant a vineyard and the better turn-around might help, although at that point I may want a different tractor just for that purpose.

I appreciate any input on this. Is the DA model worth the extra $$? What about supersteer?

Thanks!

/ TC33D or TC33DA ?? #2  
Only you can answer the question whether or not you need supersteer. For me, the standard steering is more than adequate, so I'd buy the 33DA in a heartbeat. The 14LA loader has more capacity and QA is one of the options I wish I would have purchased.

/ TC33D or TC33DA ??
Yeah, I don't think I really need the supersteer. I'm not mowing lawns and don't care if the 4WD is always engaged. I wouldn't pay for it if ordering new, but seems like I'm almost getting it for free with the TC33D. I've driven the supersteer and it turns on a dime, but haven't driven without so I don't know what to expect.

Thanks for your coment on the loader and QA. The QA does seem like a great option. The old loader does have a QA option available, right?

How do these prices seem. They seem higher than others I have seen on TBN, but I've also heard that price can depend on your location as well...

/ TC33D or TC33DA ?? #4  
<font color="blue"> The old loader does have a QA option available, right? </font>
Yes, just need to bolt the plate to the FEL arms.

<font color="blue"> How do these prices seem. They seem higher than others I have seen on TBN, but I've also heard that price can depend on your location as well... </font>
Seem OK, and you are right, it can depend upon location.