New Holland 54D vs Massey 1758

/ New Holland 54D vs Massey 1758
From the specs I have the DL135 is 2870 breakout and lift capacity of 1760 at 19.6 inches forward of pins. 250TLA is 3404 breakout and Lift of 1221 at 19.7 inches forward. Now right there is something I don't really understand. Higher breakout with less lift capacity? Say what??

Now one thing I notice is the specs for the 260 TLA wich my book shows as the only loader for the 54d are way higher than the 260TLA on a boomer 47. There is a big difference in hyd capacity between them. 2 gallon a minute. I'll see what the specs on one mated to a 54D are.

I did notice the loader frame and you are right but I don't think it will matter much to me.

This NH does have detents on the remote.

I intend to use this for loader work, mowing grass, brush hogging, haybine and baler work.

I didn't mention the headroom on the testdrive but I've noticed it each time I looked at them. Like 6 or 8 times now! The truth is I sat down and made a pro and con list in my eyes. I had 18 items I could think of on the list and wouldn't you know it a **** draw. 9-9.

I couldn't twist in the wind more on a decision if I tried. Again, buy them both and let the bank have one back...LOL

/ New Holland 54D vs Massey 1758 #12  
Jeff, I've found that the published "breakout" numbers are useless in real world testing. My Massey is a 1652, the previous generation to the 1758. Different loader (DL130) but similar specs to the 135.

When comparing the published breakout force of my loader to other machines across the segment, Massey's numbers seem lower than most, yet their overall lift appears stronger.

In real-life testing, i would say that the DL130 is definitely one of the strongest loaders in the segment. The comparable sized LS tractor, for example, has a loader breakout force published at around 4334 lbs... Yet, in pallet fork testing that I've done personally, and that others here have published as well, the Massey loader out performs the LS loader.

My Massey loader also out performs the comparable LA854 loader on my buddies Kubota L5240, which also has a higher rated breakout force.

(Testing i mentioned included verifying hydraulic relief pressures to confirm accuracy).

Bottom line... Published Breakout force appears to mean very little.

/ New Holland 54D vs Massey 1758 #13  
Hands down, the most important consideration is tractor color. Buy Red!

/ New Holland 54D vs Massey 1758 #14  
   / New Holland 54D vs Massey 1758 #15  
I think all would agree: pink would not be an appropriate tractor color!

/ New Holland 54D vs Massey 1758 #17  
Today's job with Massey at a cool 5F temp. 5 miles away on federal firewood permit. Black ash and birch. Love my Massey.

20170311_172036_resized.jpg

/ New Holland 54D vs Massey 1758 #18  
How interesting that most in this NH section are saying to go with MF.

/ New Holland 54D vs Massey 1758 #19  
How interesting that most in this NH section are saying to go with MF.
There were alot of complaints with the NH CVT compact tractors, regarding the operation of the transmission.... On this forum it seemed to be that compact CVT owners were 50/50 happy/unhappy with them.

Apparently the new NH model CVT's are a new generation (from what I've read posted on here). Maybe they've worked out the bugs?

The difference in published lift specs of the NH loaders on the different NH models may reflect the difference in manufacturers... The Boomer 47 was built by LS, whereas the new NH CVT models are Fiat/C-NH built in Mexico. It may be that the LS built models have a stronger front axle rated at more weight...? Not sure.

To the OP, have you put any more time in on the machines to compare?