TC40D cup holder

/ TC40D cup holder #1  

horstuff

Bronze Member
Does anybody know if the cupholder in this picture comes standard with a TC40d? I know this picture is of a TC40DA, but I thought I saw one on a TC40D also. If they are not standard issue, could one be ordered for the TC40D? Thanks.

previous TBN posting

/ TC40D cup holder #2  
I just recently purchased a 2003 TC40D and it has the exact same cupholder as in the picture.

/ TC40D cup holder #3  
The "D" model tractors all have a toolbox with the cupholder built into the lid. Did your tractor not come with one? I've never seen a deluxe model tractor without one. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TC40D cup holder
jinman,

Nope, no cup holder/toolbox. Now that I know where it goes, I do see two mounting holes there, but no holder/toolbox.

Is there a way to tell how old this particular tractor is? A serail number reference? The manual that they gave me with it has a date on the front cover of 10/00. I don't know if that is the manual that came with that tractor, but if it is, this thing is 3 yrs old. Looks brand new, except some faded plastic knobs, which I think I've seen on other "new" rigs. But with that sprayed on silver stuff from my other post (broken shift lever/HST range lever), I wonder if this thing just sat somewhere for a long time. Hmm...

/ TC40D cup holder #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( but if it is, this thing is 3 yrs old. )</font>

What color is the running gear on your tractor. I think in late 2002 or early 2003, NH changed the running gear to black. If you tractor is black instead of dark grey, you have a recent model tractor. If it's grey, it could be three years old, but I seriously doubt it is.

On the toolbox, I'd bet they took it off to put on another tractor and forgot to put your's back on. I'd be all over the dealer about that one. I'd even question whether they did a pre-delivery inspection. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif That toolbox is part of what you paid for with the "D" option. Don't let him try to tell you it's not.

The toolbox isn't very big, but it's just big enough to carry the essential tools and it even has a removable tray inside for small things like lynch-pins and shearpins. It's as handy as a pocket on a shirt. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TC40D cup holder #6  
It's possible that someone removed it for easier ingress/egresss. There are times it gets in the way of my size 13 Redwings and I have thought about taking it off myself. Buy Jim is right - I carry a rag, pair of work gloves, various hitch pins and two adjustable wrenches in mine. The cupholder is great for water, but beer kind of foams up....
Mark

/ TC40D cup holder #7  
If yours isn't there, your really not missing much. I love my TC but in my opinion the so called NH deluxe tool box and cup holders leaves ALOT to be desired.
It just isn't suitable for a functional toolbox and the cup holder is not deep enough to hold any type of cup or water/soda bottle so that it won't tip over at the least little jostle.
Anyway, thats my opinion. I am very tempted to just remove mine and stick it in the shed. I can always bolt it back on and it would open up the floor plan a little more.

/ TC40D cup holder #8  
I agree with Mark. The stock toolbox is a pain in the behind and cans or cups quickly spill using it. Click on my link to see another way to handle both problems. My toolbox will handle more than a few tools.

/ TC40D cup holder
Thanks, guys. I can see, Pineridge, that your mods are a vast improvement over stock, and I will probably at least build me a toolbox like the one you designed. As far as the cup holder, it may be poorly designed and the box too small for any real tools, but, dam-it, I want it! This is supposed to be a new tractor /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I at least want all the stock stuff, so I can decide /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TC40D cup holder #10  
You DO have a valid point. Get after that dealer of yours and I'm sure he will come through. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif