Advice '03 New Holland TC40

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #1  

WV birdman

Tractor
None
1492 hours, 6' loader. Good condition. Seller is asking 10,500. Decent deal?

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40
IMG_4284.jpg

Best picture I have. Out of state and this is what my cousin sent me from there. 4 WD obviously

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #3  
I have the same tractor. Love it! I would say that with1400 hrs on it the price seems pretty good. I have put almost twice that many on mine without any problems.

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #4  
It would be priced higher than that around here. Get the service history if possible. I would jump on it for 10K if in good condition.

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #5  
Need to make sure 4wd works. My brother has a TC40 and the due to a design flaw something in the front separated - can't remember exactly what it was - and the front would no longer pull. Apparently NH knew about it later on because when my brother went to pick up the parts there was a message that popped up to remind the parts person to get lock washers or lock nuts. Pretty involved process to fix it from what I recall.

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #6  
That is a really good price if it checks out. It is a great tractor.

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #7  
I have the 2008 version of that tractor. Around here that would be a bargain at $15k. A 30hp CUT would go for $10 - $12k.

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #8  
Not the prettiest I've seen. If it checks out, it's well worth the money asked.

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #9  
No box scraper? Any other attachments to get a good package deal?
The rear handrails appear to be made of metal like my 2002 TC40S which is good because when NH switched over to plastic handrails (I don't remember when) they were having huge problems with cracks developing on the fenders. Have your cousin check or ask the owner.
Looks like a Standard model with a 12x12 clutch transmission.
I paid around $17000. for mine, new with a 16LA FEL with a 6' bucket and box scrapper.

/ Advice '03 New Holland TC40 #10  
I have a 2001 tc40. The guy I bought it from knocked the foot throttle spring off of wherever it hooked onto and put a wire from the right side step mounting bracket to that spring. I was wondering if anyone knows where that spring hooks onto and maybe a picture of it would help me out greatly.