Pricing a 2004 NH TC33D

/ Pricing a 2004 NH TC33D #1  

curtisrak

Tractor
JD LA120, Kubota B3200 with LA504 FEL
Hey all. New here but have been lurking a long time.
Been looking seriously at tractors for a couple months and 'might' have found one that hits my criteria (4wd, 28-35hp, HST, decent loader capacity, 3pt hitch, and reasonable hours)

Looked at a 2004 TC33D today at a NH/Case dealer, it's been sitting in their lot for about 6Months (which has me wondering....). It has 650hrs, supersteer, and FEL. Took it for a few laps in the dirt lot and the hydraulics seem to work well and runs smooth. I had some trouble getting the rear PTO engaged and the seat-safety sensor is buggered up so they have to look at that stuff as well as check and see of the 600hr service was done .

Right now they are asking 16,300 Cdn, but I have a connection in the works with the dealership and am
Now hoping I can get close to 15k Cdn

How's the price seem to you guys? And anything else I should look for on this machine?

Thanks!
Curtis IMG_0024.JPGIMG_0025.JPG

/ Pricing a 2004 NH TC33D #2  
They only made the D until 12/02 so I would verify the year of manufacture. It should be on the ID plate. I would not take someone's word the 600 hour service was done, I would have it done so you have a baseline to work from for future service. That is pretty low hours. If they get everything fixed the $15,000 Canadian ($11,640 US) would be a good price.

/ Pricing a 2004 NH TC33D #3  
From the photos, it appears it does NOT have supersteer, which IMOP is a plus for extensive loader use. The standard pivoting axle is a stronger set up over all and less problems. Other things to consider in the deal is ballast for the rear tires and a rear remote or two. I'm not familiar with the exchange rate so can't comment much on the price. The rear pto engaging hard is a normal issue and can be easily corrected. The seat safety switch was the first to go in my TC33. If the tractor, in low range, will spin the tires pushing dirt, without whining, sounds great. Even comparing to late model machines, you will find the TC 33D to be a DELUXE ride with cruise, control placement, tilting and extension steering for operator comfort.

/ Pricing a 2004 NH TC33D
Thanks guys. This tractor DOES have cruise control (green toggle on the panel) and tilt and extension steering (lever below the steering wheel)

When I looked under the hood, the previous owner had written all of their service intervals in felt pen (some were a bit hard to read) but the sticker under the hood did show a super steer gearbox service to be done at 600hrs...

With sales tax and exchange rate this would be right around $13,100-13-200 USD. I'm hoping for about a grand less than that come negotiation time.

/ Pricing a 2004 NH TC33D #5  
I have a tc29d. Mine's 4wd, no loader, no super steer. I bought it with 880 hours for $5500 USD. Mine has loved it's whole life outside and hadn't exactly been meticulously maintained. It's been a great machine though. I've put about 150 hours on it in the last 18 months and it's never skipped a beat. I'd say that for one with a few more ponies, and super steer, and a loader, you're getting a decent deal. Not unbelievable or anything, but if you need a tractor that size, that tc33 is will built and much cheaper than a new one.

Well. The dealer just put the tractor in the shop and I think they found some issues with it. So I'm waiting on an update from them. My guess is that if it had a repair bill of any significance that will not bode well for getting a good deal on this thing. We will see!

Just an update. After inspection by the dealer, ONE of the problems was that the rear PTO needed to be overhauled and that required the tractor to be split in half and the bill would be around $2200. All that being said that TC33 is no longer an option.

I ended up finding a really good deal on a 2011 Kubota B3200 with only 76hrs on it. It's in near mint condition, no gremlins like the new holland had so I bought it. Spec-wise it's very similar to the new holland so I think it will do the trick.

Thanks for your guys help and advice. It's much appreciated. Now that I'm an owner I'm sure I will be on here a fair bit more in the Kubota section.