Ford 5900

/ Ford 5900 #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
I found a Ford 5900 with a Grade Master land plane. The owner wants $9700. I am thinking of offering $8000 and juggle from there. As you can see, the Grade Master has the adjustable scarifers and cost over $2000 new. Also the suitcase weights cost $$$-$$$$ when you can find them. Also the full skid plate is 3/8" thick steel and the canopy has risers. The original owner put the skid plates on and the Ford is suppose to have the correct hours on the hour meter, 992 hours. Do Y'all think it is worth $9700? Ford 5900 Hour meter.jpgFord 5900 Suitcase Weights.jpgFord 5900 Skid Plate Right.jpgFord 5900 Skid Plate Left.jpgFord 5900 Right Front.jpgFord 5900 left side.jpgFord 5900 Left Front.jpgFord 5900 Grade Master Left Side.jpgFord 5900 Grade Master.jpgFord 5900.jpg
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Ford 5900 #2  
It's a $6500 package. The suitcase weights are aftermarket and the tractor is Mexican built and has a few parts unique to that factory. It's a low rent 6610. I just had to wholesale 1000lbs of OEM Ford suitcase weights for $.50/lb after trying to sell them for $.80 for over a year.

/ Ford 5900
It's a $6500 package. The suitcase weights are aftermarket and the tractor is Mexican built and has a few parts unique to that factory. It's a low rent 6610. I just had to wholesale 1000lbs of OEM Ford suitcase weights for $.50/lb after trying to sell them for $.80 for over a year.

So your saying the whole shebang is worth $6500? That's way lower than other folks are asking online for just a 5900 with more indicated hours.

I'm not worried about where the 5900 was made. I had a Ford 3055 that was made in England and exported to France. It made it's way here and I kick myself every time I think about selling it.Ford 3055 Full resized.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ Ford 5900 #4  
This is a place where folks come to seek and share opinions. You have mine. Mexican built Fords have ALWAYS been economy tractors, not full featured models. Still true of Mexican New Hollands today.

/ Ford 5900
This is a place where folks come to seek and share opinions. You have mine. Mexican built Fords have ALWAYS been economy tractors, not full featured models. Still true of Mexican New Hollands today.
Ok, I misunderstood you. I thought you were inferring that since it was made in Mexico, it was not a good tractor. Like my 3055, I am looking for a no frills tractor just for 3PH implements.
hugs, Brandi

/ Ford 5900
Is that all? Just one comment? I was hoping to get more input.
hugs, Brandi

/ Ford 5900 #7  
I've worked at this New Holland dealership for 20 years. The dealership has been here for 47 years, started as a Ford dealership. I can think of exactly two 5900's in our trade area. There's more Fordson Majors and Super Majors around than that.

/ Ford 5900
I guess that makes us even. Never seen a Fordson Major and Super Major in this neck of the woods.

Anyone else?
hugs, Brandi

/ Ford 5900
I've worked at this New Holland dealership for 20 years. The dealership has been here for 47 years, started as a Ford dealership. I can think of exactly two 5900's in our trade area. There's more Fordson Majors and Super Majors around than that.
So, are you a mechanic or just a salesman? Parts guy?
hugs, Brandi