T1510

/ T1510 #1  

OffTheGrid

Tractor
New Holland T1510
I just bought a T1510 and am pretty excited about it. Any other T1510 users out there with some insight as to what implements I should get, or any other advice. It does already have a FEL.

/ T1510 #2  
Welcome off thegrid, I have 2011 t1510 i have had since new and i use 5' equipment with it. If you are asking what i would suggest and your budget is friendly i would suggest a good box blade or grader blade, a 5' 3pt tiller and a 5' bus hog. It will surprise you at how strong the little fella is. And reliable also. keep the oil and fluids changed keep additive in the diesel also if your front end loader does not have a sub-frame and mounts in the mid section only be mindful of that and watch the loads on the front end bouncing and try not to do that. Low and Slow are good things to remember. I have used mine for everything from mowing hay to baling hay (old 269 baler) and i just recently purchased a workmaster 50 to do most of my haying with. But i kept the little reliable t1510 because for most of my tasks it's all i ever need and then some. Note on the grader blade i do use a 6' grader that way when i angle it covers the rear tracks of the tires.

/ T1510
Thanks for the info nwut - I used it over the weekend and was very pleased. It is a smooth and strong tractor. I would like to eventually get a tiller. I have about a 1/2 acre garden. Also, a 6' bush hog, do you think it can handle a 6 footer? I am getting a back blade and grader blade for it.

/ T1510 #4  
I had a TC30. Same tractor, but older. I think a 6' bush hog will feel quite heavy and unstable. Power-wise you may be able to run it, but it will be very sketchy on hilly or uneven ground. I ran a 5-footer on mine and it was perfect.

/ T1510 #5  
I would agree with bspeedy in the 6 footer also, I have run a 6 footer on mine but only briefly, I did not own my own equipment when i first got my t1510 so i used a borrowed 6 footer. I quickly realized as bspeedy said it will run it, but it will push its limits also.... As an honest opinion, and as i said before it will run a lot of things but some things it was just wasn't meant to run....Stick with 5 ft stuff and you cannot go wrong. the only two exceptions i would make from experience is a grader blade and a finish mower......both of those it will handle in 6 ft....

/ T1510 #6  
Agree on the blade and mower. 6-foot finish mower will be breeze on the 1510. You really have a great tractor there. Those machines are dead simple and super reliable.

/ T1510 #7  
I've been looking into acquiring a used T1510. It's nice seeing all the good remarks about the machine here. But I find myself in decision time now:

T1510 with fel, box blade, bush hog, canopy and 9x3 transmission.

or

T1520 with fel and HST.

Both tractors packages are basically the same price, same hours and same condition, very well maintained and almost perfect cosmetically. Scratches on the bucket only. The T1510 is a few years older.

I'm on a 2 acre property; may invest in more property some day. I see myself splitting time evenly between bush hogging and fel work. 10% will be box blade time. For now I'll bush hog a large ditch area, maintain a burn pile area, spread dirt in low spots, and maintain about a half acre total of flower beds and small garden.

I figure I'll get used to a shifter, especially this will be my first tractor I own, but I do know from experience that an HST is a breeze to operate.

/ T1510 #8  
It depends on $$$.

Personally, I've gone from owning (and growing up with) Ford and Ford / NH 30 hp tractor to owning several Kubota Grand L tractors. I'm on my 3rd Grand L, a Kubota L4330. They are far and away a heavier, stronger and more capable tractor.

This is a great deal if it checks out:

KUBOTA L313 HST 4X4 WITH LOADER - farm & garden - by owner - sale

And, while it has a similar engine size to the T1510 and T1520, it is much heavier and more capable.

Wow - am I in the NH forum right now??? I'd better duck and run for cover!!!

/ T1510 #9  
Tribal warfare aside...Between the two, is say buy the 1520 with HST and get the implements later. Can the other one work? Absolutely. But you can't upgrade transmissions. Implements are easy. It may cost a little more overall, but truely worth it in the long run.