Price Check TC40D

/ TC40D #1  

wolfie1959

Tractor
New Holland TC35D, Ford NAA and John Deere X530 garden tractor
Looking at a 2002 TC40D with about 830 hours on it. it looks real clean. I haven't gone to test it out yet. it's at a New Holland dealer and he is asking $18,500 for but said on the phone he'll take $17,700. that's a lot more than I wanted to spend on a tractor. But it does look really clean. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• TC40D.jpg
    TC40D.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 687
Last edited:
   / TC40D #2  
Little high. I would be comfortable at 16K. It's a good high demand tractor. I had an 850 hour 1720 that was cherry. It was a 13K tractor but one frame size smaller than the 40 and 28HP.

/ TC40D #3  
They are good reliable tractors. That is at the top of what I would pay for one. If everything checks out I would offer $16,000 and be happy if he met me at $17,000.

/ TC40D
It's definitely food for thought. It's a lot of money. But it's a lot of tractor.

/ TC40D #5  
That's a lot of coin for that machine. 16 would be tops for me if it checks out perfectly.

Some of these have glow plug timer issues, key switch issues, neutral safety switch issues. Otherwise they are a good machine. All these issues can be remedied, just something to watch out for. Not a huge fan of plastic fenders and hood, either, but they are fairly durable.

It's a nice tractor. Heavy, good hp, reliable. Visibility over the loader is great. Loader lift is one of the best in it's class.

/ TC40D
I'm still thinking about it.

/ TC40D #7  
Looks really sharp in the pics. SSQA, front and rear work lights, no rust apparent. You've nothing to lose in trying it out and making an offer if it seems ok. Dealer knows that winter is coming on and certainly doesn't want it on his lot until spring...

/ TC40D #8  
Now this is in Indiana but my brother has a 40 HP New Holland with a FEL and aftermarket cab, 4 wheel drive with HST with a bit over 2000 hours, I think a 2000 model for I think $9000. Maybe they are not comparable tractors.

/ TC40D
That would be a bit far to go to look at a tractor... But it sounds good.

/ TC40D #10  
They are good reliable tractors. That is at the top of what I would pay for one. If everything checks out I would offer $16,000 and be happy if he met me at $17,000.

What he said....

I have a slightly newer version of that tractor, and I love it. That larger frame and weight is nice. I think you will be a happy camper, whatever you pay for it.