Price Check NEW HOLLAND PRICING

/ NEW HOLLAND PRICING #1  

Anonymous Poster

What does anyone thing of these prices I have negotiated on a New Holland TC25D.
-TC25D w/ Super Steer & R4 (Industrial) tires - $13,655
-7308 Loader - $3,150
-Woods RD7200 3 pt mower - $1,700

Also, now wondering if I should be considering 29 or 33. Do I really need more power? Mowing and doing misc. work on 10 flat acres w/ no trees to speak of.

All input appreciated. Thank you.

Alan

/ NEW HOLLAND PRICING
Alan - That seems like a pretty fair price. I wasn't interested in SuperSteer but was looking at $16,000 for the TC25D and 7308 loader. I opted to go for the 29D for $600 more. It may not be the best price, but I am happy with my purchase (the dealer made a big difference for me).

If you have extra cash burning a hole in your pocket, more power never hurts. However, in my opinion, the TC25D probably meets your needs.

Jake

/ NEW HOLLAND PRICING
Just for comparison, I have been quoted $18200 for TC33D w/o SS, R4 Loaded Tires, 7308 Loader (60") with added center bucket hook, block heater, and cutting edge. Price was only about $1000 less for TC25D. Shopped around in my area (ME, 3 dealers, ...all within a few hundred). Interested in extra power because planning on getting a chipper and bush hog. Also, some limited wood lot use. Comments welcomed. Price seems to be in low end of mid-range on what I have seen posted here and on other sites.

/ NEW HOLLAND PRICING #4  
The 25 and 29 are the same tractor....the moter is just punched out a bit. Tell ya what i got some steep inclines to mow on my property and i have the TC21D and she walks right up them without a breath! But to each thir own. I got the Tractor and 54" loader and 60" midmount deck for 16,500 tax included
Larry

/ NEW HOLLAND PRICING
They evidently never told you about Package sales, it's more profitable to sell individual pieces.
How are these? TC29 2WD $12,577, "Brave 5" 5' Rotary Cutter $825, 5' "AgMeir" Box Blade $350
add these up and check the difference below
now compare to the #1 "WCT Package Price", TC29 w/2WD, the total is $11,120,
get the TC29 4WD in the #2 "WCT Pkge", total $12,095

If you want all of the above with the 7308 FL get WCT Pkge. #3 TC29 w/2 WD Pkge. $15,395,
Want more? Get the #3 WCT Package with the TC33 and all of the above: $16050

PS the WCT is the "dealer", stands for WCTractor (want a clue? might be on the net, it isn't me)

/ NEW HOLLAND PRICING #6  
Alan, I think your price is $1,500 or more high. Try to get your dealer to "sharpen his pencil" a little on those figures. Also, from your description, I have to believe you are going to overwork your tractor with the 72" cutter. I strongly suggest you drop down to a 5' cutter. As a matter of fact, the description of your property sounds to me like you don't really need supersteer. My suggestion is to go to a 60" mower, delete supersteer, and use what you have saved to step up to the TC29. I think you will be far happier with that equipment match. After all, your TC25 or TC29 with 4WD will be able to turn very sharply. I personally think supersteer is way, way oversold. It has its uses, but I think most people just don't need it.

Just my two cents worth./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Good luck no matter which way you decide to go. ...and also, please register. We are a good bunch here and we want to know more about you so our advice and your advice will be taken in the proper context.

JimI

/ NEW HOLLAND PRICING #7  
JP,
I believe the numbers you posted are for manual trans. Add the cost for HST, and the comparison would be more accurate.

Just my two pennies.

/ NEW HOLLAND PRICING #8  
JimI, we all gotta' have our toys. Supersteer oversold? Ok, maybe a little, but then the whole market segment of compact utility tractors is oversold. How many of us use really "need" all the "tools" we have? We could just do like Harv used to do and use Roundup and a trimmer to knock down some brush or add a couple beef cattle and actually make a couple bucks by selling them off.

So I'm a little sensitive about my Supersteer and its Sensitrack./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif In my mind it is probably the greatest differentiator of NH compared to the other two brands. Besides, its a cool piece of engineering./w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif Even my wife likes the sharp turning of supersteer while mowing - sure she could use brakes (tear up the yard) or shuttle back and forth using the HST but what fun would that be? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

DaveV

/ NEW HOLLAND PRICING #9  
Okay, Dave. You got me. I have never been on a tractor with supersteer. It just scares me to look at one and think of the inside/downhill wheel moving in an arc toward the tractor if I was on a hillside. It is inherently less stable than staying perpendicular to the forward-aft axis of the tractor. My place is full of hills and gulleys, so I didn't consider supersteer. On flat ground, it is probably really nice and since you have experience with it and I don't, I'll have to give way to your opinion. I have no doubt but that it makes for some tight turn radii. Maybe I could get my dealer to let me take one for a spin...literally./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimI

/ NEW HOLLAND PRICING
Hey Alan,
I just picked up a 25D on Friday. My 2cents.... Get the super steer if you feel you need it. I cut a flat 5 acres w/o trees and feel the boomers turn sharp enough as it is. But what I recommend highly is to get a rear discharge mower. See my latest thread about this. I'll be honest, the grass was close to 6" high and it dogged the tractor bad with my 72" side discharge. I'm returning it this weekend. Someone already mentioned the 29 is the same. Look in your NH catalog and the displacement and stroke are the same. I don't get it unless their picking up the hp by using indented pistons. I feel the grass won't usually be this long when I cut and there has to be more work the toss the clippings to the side. But if you were to move up definetly go to the 33. Also make sure the tractor price includes beat juice or fill in the tires.