Default Another price question!

Been jumping around on this forum. Learned a lot. Been looking at different colors. Specific question I have now is, TC30 w/ fel and sb (have to check if this is Farm King or Smythe, big difference in quality) at $17500.00. Gear transmission, 4wd, industrial tires and block heater. I think this is probably the best deal I have found so far. Been pricing on the internet and prices are really high in NY. One more reason we may move!

Tractor
    New Holland TC 30, Kubota B6100D

Default Re: Another price question!

Tabby,

I have no idea what a snow blower costs but the price you quoted leads me to believe it's around $3,000. (based on tractor prices in my area)

Is this with the NH 7308 loader? Also spec the HD bucket and filled rear tires. Block heater runs around $40. I think, not sure though.

What uses do you have planned for the tractor? You may want consider HST. My dealer quoted $1300 more but it also includes a mid-mounted PTO. Mine will eventually be put out to pasture so gear was the way to go. If I were planning on a lot of fel work or mowing I would thing about HST for sure.

Good luck

Rodger

The sb unit they sell is really well made. It does run around 3000.00 for the unit and will fit other tractors. The fel is NH. I'll check which model. I don't want hydro because of the cost. I look at it this way, people have used gears for years and did just fine and it is what I have always used. This would be such an upgrade I can hardly stand it. I don't know if I can go quite this much money and the hydro would break the deal.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC 40A

Tabby,

If the snow blower is around $3,000 then the deal sounds good. I just bought a TC 30 (9x3) with filled industrial tires and a 7308 FEL w/ hvy bucket for $14,500. I work close to my dealership and have seen two other people buy TC 30s today. I am wondering if the financing is about over.

<font color="blue"> prices are really high in NY. One more reason we may move! </font>

You mean other than Hillary?

As far as the snowblower price, in Dec 03 (9 months ago) I paid $1400 for a brand new Buhler/Farm King 60" blower, assembled, tested and delivered right to the back of my tractor from my local dealer. I've seen the same unit on this site for a couple hundred more plus shipping. For $3000 I hope the snowblower is stainless steel, hydraulically controlled, and includes a heated cab for the tractor.

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

Your farm king is a rear mount right? Front mounts are much more expensive.

Yes the Farm King is a rear mount. I presumed (possibly incorrectly) that tabby was quoted for a rear mount simply because she mentioned the Buhler/Farm King brand. I am unaware of them making a front mount blower for cuts (but that could just because I didn't see it in their brochures last winter when I was shopping).

Thanks for the info.
    The sb is a rear mount and it is made like a sherman tank. I am somewhat familiar with Farm King. I have to think that maybe this is one place where quality may not be a good investment. My dh had a good point, just like using gears, people have used the Farm King type blower, himself included, for years and with some common sense they last a long time. If it's twice the cost, maybe that would be a place to cut the cost and help us get this unit.
    Yes, the financing is over today. I hope they have another program coming out. Plus, we get a sales tax hike tomorrow, up to either 8% or 8 1/4%. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Tractor
    New Holland TC29D, 2001

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You mean other than Hillary?
    )</font>

Made me laugh [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]