Puzzling over TC29S

/ Puzzling over TC29S #1  

mpm

Just purchased a 2000 TC29S, there being very little mention of the "S" models on the NH site and on the web. NH customer service advises me that the "S" means that I got the Super Steerer feature, a real bonus since I have tight areas in which to work. Am getting contradictory info, however, regarding which loader(s) will fit: 15LA and/or 7308. Pray tell- will only one or will either one fit? Aside from the loader that might be impacted by the Super Steering feature, is the TC29S, generally, able to accept the other attachments designed for theTC29, TC29D, and TC29DA models?
Thanks so much. Have been getting more confused by the minute over the "S" designation and whether or not this older 2000 model is considered to be a "Boomer"?????

/ Puzzling over TC29S #2  
Welcome to TBN, mpm! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue"> Just purchased a 2000 TC29S, there being very little mention of the "S" models on the NH site and on the web. </font>
I've never seen tractors with SuperSteer referred to as 'S' models. The only models I am aware of are with and without the 'D' suffix, for example, TC29 and TC29D with the 'D' meaning Deluxe. SuperSteer was simply a factory installed option.

<font color="blue">...a real bonus since I have tight areas in which to work. </font>
Even the Boomers without SuperSteer have a fairly tight turning radius, however, be advised to read your Operator's Manual, Page 2-11, for characteristics about SuperSteer that take getting used to. The only loader that will fit the TC29D tractor is the 7308. The new model, the ones with the DA suffix, use the 14LA (non SuperSteer) or the 15LA (SuperSteer) loader.

Boomer is simply NH's name for their line of compact tractors, from 18hp up to 55 hp.

/ Puzzling over TC29S
Mike, thanks so much. At least I know which loader I'm looking for, now.

The photo I've seen of the serial# plate lists the model as "TC29S" or otherwise I wouldn't have known it was a Super Steer.

Haven't received the manual yet, but will read it cover-to-cover before turning the key. Have had the fear of God put into about tractors several times, now-- the most sobering advice coming from a man in the next town who offers it from his stance on one remaining leg.

Appreciate your time in helping me out here. (Am also in southern PA at the moment-- just outside Philly-- or shall we say the tropics?)

LG

/ Puzzling over TC29S #4  
Here's the Super Steer warning...

Warning: On tractors equipped with Super Steer, the movement of the tractor frame in relation to the front axle will initially push the tractor frame in the direction opposite to the way in which the front wheels are turned. Use caution when operating front or rear mounted implements around people or objects.

/ Puzzling over TC29S #5  
It's easy to get use to. I have it and have no problems anymore. Hit the side of your garage or something like that and you will remember fast. It is not a big deal to get use to.

murph

/ Puzzling over TC29S
Having wedged my rough-cut mower on the diagonal REAL good between two trees while pulling it with the ATV and needing to pack lunch if I'm planning on backing the thing into the barn, my grasp of directional-rolling-physics is definitely challenged-- appreciate the tips.

LG

/ Puzzling over TC29S #7  
I have a gear-driven TC29 designated as TC29S. Has a double clutch with live PTO and the gear shift up high by the steering wheel. Doesn't have supersteer. Is yours a gear-driven or hydro?

/ Puzzling over TC29S #8  
I could totally be wrong but it seems to me that New Holland has some tractors made for over in Europe or something like that and some of them stayed here? I thought they were the S series. Again I totally could be wrong. I did a search for the S series on the web and could not find anything.

Maybe if one would write to New Holland we could get an honest answer.

murph

/ Puzzling over TC29S #9  
I'm thinking that the "S" is a "sports" model - instead of a top speed of 14mph, it goes 15mph /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Does it have racing stripes?

Sort of off-topic: one day (if and when I have time to play), I thought it would be hilarious to paint flames on my Boomer's hood or my wife's Sears tractor. This place sells pressure senstive flames.

Mark

/ Puzzling over TC29S
Mine is gear-driven. Once it arrives, I'll have a much better opportunity to describe it in detail. Expect that I won't have it for another week or more.