NH TC29DA vs. Kubota B 2910

/ NH TC29DA vs. Kubota B 2910 #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What about the hydraulic pump capacity of the 24? It's 4.9 gpm verses the B2910 at 9.5. )</font>

Be careful here, lets talk apples to apples. There are 2 pumps on the Kubota. The B2710/B2910/B7800 pump capacity for the 3pt/loader is 6.4 gpm and the power steering is 3.1 gpm.

I wonder what the New Holland spec really means?

The spec writers like to add the two which gives a bigger number. Don't be fooled.

/ NH TC29DA vs. Kubota B 2910 #22  
B2910 - 6.4gpm to the remotes
TC24 4.9 to the remotes

Most backhoes will have a minimum pump flow of 6 gpm. Doesn't mean you can do it with less, it will just run slower.

Someone mentioned mowing with the L3130. You can do it, just 2-3 weeks ago we had a guy switch from a Deere 4410 to a L3130 for mowing and his excitment causes a lot us to laugh. Personaly, I think the tractor is too big for the reasons you suggested. Its unnessesarily heavy and the wheel base its so long its hard to control. Kinda like mowing your grass with a car. If you have wide open areas and a smaller machine for trimming I think its probably a wonderful machine to operate.

/ NH TC29DA vs. Kubota B 2910 #23  
4-5 years ago, I was in the same situation as you - just buying our 5 wooded acres (though with larger trees). I was looking at the B2910 vs the NH TC29/33D. As stated, the TC33/29 is larger/heavier than the B2910. It could probably be more closely compared to the L's. For clearing trees & heavy grading, larger /heavier is better, but later once that work is mostly done, smaller is better for mowing & manuevering around trees. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I ended up with the TC33D w/FEL & SuperSteer mostly due to a good dealer & great deal on the tractor that he wanted to move. As stated by many here at TBN, comfort in the dealer for a long term relationship is as important as anything. You really can't go wrong with Kubota, NH, JD, or any proven brands.
My TC33D was good for the clearing & grading work for a couple of years and now is addiquate for mowing, but smaller (like a TC24DA) would be better now for mowing. The newer TC29/33DA hood & FEL design does appeal to me from what I've seen. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
If the TC24DA lift capacity is similar to the B2910, I would go that direction. The TC24D may not do heavy grading or at best would take much more time to accomplish. You can still cut trees off at 2-3', drag them away with the TC24, and then maybe have your backhoe operator that digs your basement take out the stumps that you want. The initia driveway base may be better done by a large dozer with the proper base material also - if you're going to need that done.

/ NH TC29DA vs. Kubota B 2910 #24  
Yea, I am including the bucket since it is part of the loader. So I guess if all those measurements are to the same point, they must be correct.

/ NH TC29DA vs. Kubota B 2910 #25  
I bought a tc29da with cab and front blade, I have a very step hill that is mean in winter time, from the day I received my tractor I complained that it would not go up hill very well was told that there was noting wrong. Now all a sudden it will not go forward without letting up on forward pedal. I changed oil filter which was bad. Still same problem. looking for help. Thanks.