TC35 arrives in rain

/ TC35 arrives in rain #11  
Your 35 looks identical to my 45 - right down to tires, toolbox, and cup holder - This is my first day back at the office after 10 days in the country using & abusing myself and equipment. I bent the front edge of my HD bucket a little prying out a stump (got a good grip on a root with that tooth bar) - busted a shear pin on my post hole digger (digger was down almost all the way) - wore out a set of teeth on that digger after just 12 holes (lots of rock) and - bent the bucket level indicating rod (caught on a limb while I was looking back and backing up) - not bad considering what I got done. I put almost 40 hours on the tractor and had 2 rain days when I didn't turn it on. SOME FUN! Hate being back in here when I know it's sitting there idle just waiting for me. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
mike

/ TC35 arrives in rain #12  
Chas,
That's a nice looking tractor! I'm looking at basically the exact same setup minus the rotary cutter (have one). Have a few questions for you - what size tires did you get-the 7x16 or 8x16 fronts and 13.6x24 or 14.6x24 rears? How wide is the tractor outside to outside of rear tires? The brochure lists width of "47.5 width at rear with rear tires dished in" - whatever that means. Also, how high is it to the top of the ROPS when it is folded down? ( I would like to be sure it will fit in the garage!) Now that you have had more time (hopefully!!) to spend on it, any regrets? Would you recommend it? Does the tractor seem underpowered at any time? I would appreciate any feedback, as I'm getting closer to purchasing a tractor.

Thanks again,
Max

/ TC35 arrives in rain
Max,
I can answer most questions when I next get out to the farm to play with my new tractor....which due to some overseas travel won't be for a few weeks. If your purchasing schedule extends into August I will be happy to take some measurements. I had the dealer set the rear tires wide....I am more interested in stability than cutting narrow spots. As to your orevrall question....no regrets at all. I spent 4 hours Sunday cutting a very rough pasture with gullies, fallen trees to push out of the way and grass and brush up to four feet high. The tractor chugged up and through it all with no difficulty and I didn't snap the shear pin on the mower once. The field is probably 15 acres, so I have lots to get back to.

Stupid tractor operator story: In parking the tractor in my shed (working at the lowest speed in the 12), in a second's inattention I nudged one of the 8X8Xapproximately 10' posts out from under the front of the bay. The metal roof, and its oak timber infrastructure, sagged but did not collapse. I quickly raised the front end loader to its maximum height and lifted the two beams that had been on the post back up to level and then got a 4X4 and wedged it under the roof beams so I can fix the main post when I get time. Lesson: the tractor is very powerful and I didn't even feel any pressure as it pushed the 8X8 in its footing and out of its braced connection to the roof. Luckily no real damage to the structure or to anybody. So I view this as free reminder of the potential cost of looking away for even a second.

Chas