TC35 arrives in rain

/ TC35 arrives in rain #1  

OverlyRun

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC35 bought 5/01
My TC 35 finally arrived, and thanks to many, many posts on this forum for making the whole purchasing process easier.

I opted for the TC 35, rather than the HST, figuring that the amount of hours I would spend didn't warrant the extra bucks, and besides I ought to be able to figure out how to shift a few gears.

I spent the money instead to get 16LA FEL with HD 60" bucket and tooth bar, deluxe 3-pt hitch and foldable ROPS (neither standard on the plain ol' 35) and a Land Pride 60" rotary cutter. The salesman delivered it himself, full of fuel, and later dropped off some extra shear pins for the cutter. Fifty hour serivce on-site is included.

This is how I discovered the use of shear bolts: Off I chugged to cut the hill below the house, which has been growing ever-larger bushes for the last two years. Did that and off to cut the road out to the back of the property. But engaged the PTO with the throttle still up at cruising speed....and now I know how to replace a shear bolt. A cheap lesson. Shuttle shift on the geared TC35 works great...shifts forward and back as fast as I want to.

Pouring rain this weekend, but the field just had to get cut. I need help from anyone on this forum who can advise how to get the grin off my face.

Chas

Attachments

• 12-46403-tractor1small.jpg
    12-46403-tractor1small.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 135
   / TC35 arrives in rain
Other parts of the deal: ag tires, rear filled, with valve stem protection welded onto rims, and cup holder by my right hand.

/ TC35 arrives in rain #3  
The only thing I know that will take the smile off your face is making the payments. Nice looking rig OverlyRun. Go easy on the shear pins. I guess live PTOs do have their drawbacks. it sounds like your dealer just automatically knows it's likely to happen and that's why he brought the extra shear bolts.

JimI

/ TC35 arrives in rain #4  
Chas, nice looking tractor. I look forward to having that same grin problem this next weekend!!! Not such a bad problem to have. Thanks for the tip on the shear bolts, it'll save me from making the same mistake!!!

/ TC35 arrives in rain #5  
Overlyrun: I am toying with the idea of a TC35 against a TC40. Did you say that your fields were high? Any problem with the cutter in dense bushes/briars?

Bottom line is do you think you will miss another 5hp?

Thanks for the feedback.

drtractor

/ TC35 arrives in rain
Drtractor: With only four hours in the seat, it's tough to say if I'll miss the 5 HP. I dragged the rotary cutter up a good long hill that is the lower field, with PTO at 540, without any noticeable change in speed or lugging of the tractor and taking down occasional woody bushes up to about 1" without the cutter objecting. I have another field that has sections full of briars that I will tackle this weekend, but they will not be as tough as the bushes I have already cut.

Others suggest that you will never regret having more HP, but in the end it seems you need to decide on a budget and get the most tractor you can for that budget. I pushed up from the TC 29-33 range in light of the size of the jobs I wanted to do here on 164 acres and because the tractor price fit within my budget. (Wanted to pay cash...no borrowing to pay for toys...). I pushed a pile of 8 rotten old logs about 12 feet long with the FEL and the tractor never slowed....anything requiring more HP I ought to be hiring done by a professional!

Sorry not to be able to help more. First time I miss HP I will let you know.

Chas

/ TC35 arrives in rain #7  
I know this sounds rediculous (sp?), but could you post a picture of the cup holder on your fantastic-looking tc35? I could definitely use that luxury on my 1725...I will send a pic of that with the nice new paint job I gave the 7308 loader bucket :)

/ TC35 arrives in rain
Re: cupholder

dennisf:
Posting a picture of the cupholder will give this yuppie board a bad name! but here it is.
If I were a better photographer I would also take a shot of how difficult it is to get access to the shear bolt on the Land Pride 60" rotary cutter. But the thrown bolts punched big holes in the fixed (on the gear box) plastic PTO shield, so it will be no time at all (a couple more stumps hidden in tall grass) before I have complete access to the U-joint and shear pin. This will leave the PTO driveshaft shield in place, but make replacing bolts a snap.

Only difficulty with the cupholder is how you take a drink when you are steering, keeping implement from shearing hummocks, or adjusting gear/speed. Maybe this the main advantage of hydro?

Chas

Attachments

• 12-47485-cupholdersmall.jpg
    12-47485-cupholdersmall.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 143
   / TC35 arrives in rain #9  

You should have bought a slip clutch rotary cutter and avoid having to change shear pins. It cost a few dollars more but it is worth it in the long run. Nice tractor, it is hard to understand the people that do not like the looks of the smaller New Hollands, even with the loader you have an excellent view in front.
a207.jpg

/ TC35 arrives in rain #10  

Hey it looks like you NH guys have the same problem us JD guys have..It seems these tractor engineers forgot that these aluminum cans get hot when in the summer heat..How much thought would it take to design a cupholder that would accept a can with a "coozie" on it..When I was shopping for my tractor I mentioned this fact to the JD district rep. He told me he would put this suggestion in his notes to the engineers

Hoghead