TC45DA

/ TC45DA #1  

BuyOne

Does anyone really know how much a TC45DA with R4 tires and HST cost. And the same for a 16la loader. No Super steer.I am trying to buy a unit and I can't get mutch from the dealer except what a great deal he will give me.Can you really tell cost off the serial number? I just need a little help.Thanks- BuyOne

/ TC45DA #2  
You might want to fill out your profile so we know where you are.

Tractor pricing is very regional so a great deal in the North East is dramatically overpriced in the midwest. Other areas of the nation offer great deals or are overpriced, so depending on where you are, the pricing is actually relative. I very recently saw a post about another NH that a guy bought, and I thought he paid a couple thousand $$$ too much, until I saw where he was located and he then said he knew he could have gotten a better price but wanted to buy from that dealer for the service they provide.

As far as "list price" you might want to go to the NH website, they have a product advisor section that will help select a tractor and implements and that does provide some rudimentary pricing.

/ TC45DA #3  
You can also check out eBay. There are a couple of dealers that have quote online. One of the advertisers Corriher does this.

Regional info is important. Corriher's price was a lot lower than my local dealers, but other's are able to get the same price from their delear without much haggling.

/ TC45DA #4  
MSRP w/o discounts:

TC45DA 4wd HST (w/R4s): $24,316
Loader (w/qucik attach): $3,468
Draft Control: $558
Remote Valves: @ $253 each

/ TC45DA #5  
No, the cost cannot be figured from the serial #. Even if you could figure that out there are freight charges, steel surcharges, labor to install loader ect...

That machine w/ R4's and a 16la pin-on. Sells for @$24,500 around here. (tx)

/ TC45DA #6  
I agree that you can probably get it for 24-26k in Texas, but that number doesn't help him. He needs the MSRP first and then he can see what kind of the deal his local dealer is giving him.

/ TC45DA #7  
Just this week I purchased a TC45DA with 16LA loader for under $24K here in Northern Cal. During my search, I also looked very closely at the Kub L4330HST with 853 loader. I found the orange and blue machines to be very comparable in size, weight, power, etc. Yes, the 45 has a sloped hood and curved loader arms, and the 4330 seems to have a quieter engine and smoother HST, but none of the differences changed my view that they ought to be worth the same price.

I mention this because, as I recall, the Kub list price with FEL was somewhat lower than the NH list price with loader, leaving me with the impression (valid or not) that I ought to expect a greater discount on the 45, if I ended up going that route. I did end up buying blue (the local dealer was far superior to the local Kub dealer), and I was able to get a sizable discount from NH's list price. I also pursued the L4330 purchase long enough to get the sense that I may very well have ended up paying about the same for the Kub as I did for the NH, despite the difference in their MSRPs.

That said, if you talk to enough dealers, you should be able to secure at least a 10%-15% savings (off of list) for a new machine. Harvest rental return deals, if they are available in your area, could push the discount closer to 20%.

/ TC45DA #9  
BuyOne - I think of this cost vs. price discussion similar to when I buy a car. If the car is a hot new model - it doesn't matter what the cost is, I'm going to pay the market price. When the market stabilizes and production meets customer demand, it's all about how much profit the distribution channel will live with. And while the e-mail may not make friends in the dealer community, I think it is appropriate for the customer to be informed about cost (among other things). So a little tutorial (to the best of my knowledge):

- To get NH costs (as a dealer would) you need the "factory code". This code can be decoded into "cost". There have been several posts on this subject in the NH buying thread.
- At one point in time, the State of MN published the NH price book WITH the factory codes. This included the 35D-45D models.
- Somewhere along the line the State of MN pulled these factory codes from the on-line price book.
- Some of us had downloaded the old price book with the factory codes for the 35D-45D and implements. When you look at the Reference Codes (product numbers) and list pricing of the DA vs the D model you see that many things are the same from the D to the DA model. One of the things I don't have precisely is the 45DA cost, but knowing the 40D and 35D costs and list prices for the D and DA models I have made some extrapolations.

So here is my estimation of the 45DA cost (note that * indicates reference codes match exactly between old "D" price sheet and the "DA" price sheet and therefore the factory codes would be the same. I tested this hypothesis several different ways prior to this post):

17,308 - TC45DA Loader ready
1440 - Industrial tires (*)
1930 - 16LA FEL (*)
160 - Remotes (*)
270 - Quick attach face plate (*)
440 - 72 in bucket with holes for bolt on edge (*)

21,708 Subtotal

5060 - 758C backhoe (*)

26,768 - my rig cost if I get forced to go new (not price!)

Again - the caveat here is that this is only as good as the dealer you are working with. If they agree to sell you a CUT at a fair price (whatever "fair" is) then both of you know what you are getting. Also - I make no representation of NH costing or pricing. This is just what I have learned from this forum (thanks) and from the internet.

/ TC45DA #10  
Well that cost structure is a little off. here is the exact cost from the dealer invoice sitting right here in front of me. Cost is really not relevant its what the dealer will sell you the tractor for that counts.

TC45DA LOADER READY 17276.00
R4 TIRES 1447.00
STEEL SURCHARGE 561.00
16LA LOADER 2096.00
72" HD BUCKET 448.00
Q/A 275.00
STEEL SURCHARGE 85.00
REAR REMOTE 207.00
SUB TOTAL 23160.00

758C BACKHOE 6100.00
STEEL SURCHARGE 178.00

ABOVE PRICES INCLUDE THE SHIPPING CHARGES TO THE DEALER.

These are our dealer net prices but do not include any programs that are in place at the time of sale. (dealer settlement allowances)

TC45DA 3%
16LA 250.00
758C 5%

I hope this answers the questions for inquiring minds about what dealer cost is. As you can see most dealers sell there product to you on a very slim margin and do not take wheel barrows full of cash to the bank like some on here have implied before.

The most important item on any sale is that both parties are happy at the end of the transaction, and that you have a dealer you can depend on if for some reason something should go wrong down the road. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif