Traded Up!

/ Traded Up! #1  

Casimir

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TC33DA HST
Well, I have been drooling over the new TC33DA for quite awhile, and I finally got the OK from the wife to trade in my 1520. The 1520 has been a good tractor for our operation, so I wanted the same physical size (fit thru my 6' gates), but have been wanting a little more horsepower, FEL capacity, Top-in-Tilt and quick attach on the loader, so I could switch quickly between the standard bucket, pallet forks and a grapple bucket.

I really liked the 4-in-1 bucket on the 1520, but found that I was mostly using it to pick things up. Some things, like piles of branches, tended to squeeze out of the jaws. I am hoping the grapple will do a better job on this stuff.

The tractor was delivered a week ago, and after about 20 hours, the controls are feeling more comfortable. The grapple is on order, so I won't know for a couple more weeks if I have made the right decision on the grapple vs. a 4-in-1. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Love the hydraulic toplink. I have a big leveling job in process, and it really is handy to be able to change the box blade angle on the fly. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The dealer gave me about $1000 less on trade-in than I paid for the 1520 a little over a year ago. Since I had put 570 hours on the 1520, I figure it cost me less than $2 per hour to own it, not counting fuel, oil, filters and grease. Sure better than renting /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's what I got:

TC33DA HST w/ 14LA FEL
Skidsteer-compatible quick attach on FEL
ATI Pallet Forks
ATI Grapple w/ Bucket
2 Rear Remotes
Hydraulic Top and Tilt cylinders
Bushhog Squealer SQ600

$16,750 plus my 1520 w/ 4-in-1, pallet forks, Hardee Brush Cutter and old, beat-up box blade

(Oh, yeah, Tax added another $760, but I didn't want to argue about whether our small horse operation was a "Farm" -- I don't think the wife has ever sold a horse in the 40 years we have been married. She keeps them 'til they die of old age.)

Attachments

• 523606-TC33DA_small.JPG
    523606-TC33DA_small.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 795
   / Traded Up! #2  
Congratulations on the new machine! Looks great! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Traded Up! #3  
Karl that's a nice looking blue package you have there. But please take it out in the mud, get it greasy, and then post a few more more respectable pictures. It's much too clean to fit in around here. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Traded Up! #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( (Oh, yeah, Tax added another $760, but I didn't want to argue about whether our small horse operation was a "Farm" -- I don't think the wife has ever sold a horse in the 40 years we have been married. She keeps them 'til they die of old age.) )</font>

Well you shouldn't have to worry much about her getting rid of you then?? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

murph

/ Traded Up! #5  
Oh yea, and congrates on the new rig. Wished I would have gotten the 33 instead of the 29.

murph

/ Traded Up!
Thanks, guys. The photo was taken just after it came off the truck. It has a little more dirt on it now, but not much sticks to that plastic /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Yeah, Murph - she treats me almost as good as she treats her horses, so she will probably keep me until I die of old age (I hope /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

/ Traded Up! #7  
I am looking at purchasing a TC33DA this month. Can you explain what the differerent additional rear remotes are used for? Sounds like one is for tilting the box blade. I assume there are additional levers for the remotes as well...where are they located?

Is there a recommended remote set up to get?

Also, can you tell me your impression of fuel consumption?

Thanks.

/ Traded Up! #8  
The different remotes can be used for a lot of things. Anything that has a hydraulic ram or even hydraulic pumps!

As far as fuel. Wow, I can mow my lawn at least 6 times before I have to ad fuel. My lawn takes over an hour each time. And in between I use my tractor for other things with the loader and such. Trying to compare fuel from one color to the next would be pretty tough to do. All of them are pretty efficient.

murph

/ Traded Up! #9  
re: fuel consumption, I have just a tad over 40 hours on my TC33DA and it's definitely less than 1 gallon per hour. Although not recommended during the break-in period, I ran the engine at PTO speed for practically the entire 40 hrs (not much choice when trying to mow down 7' weeds over 13 acres), so I'm thrilled to death with the consumption thus far. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure I used roughly 37 gallons of fuel, so far. Could have been less but I lost track of how many times I went to fill the containers. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Traded Up!
Hi Brian:

As mentioned, the remotes can be used to operate anything with hydraulic cylinders by just plugging in a hose with a quick disconnect. The most common use of two remotes is for a hydraulic Toplink to tilt attachments forward and backward, and a hydraulic sidelink, to tilt the attachment left or right. Some folks go for a third remote when they also want to be able to operate a cylinder to change the angle on a rear blade or rake.

They are available from several sources. I personally think it is best to get the remotes installed by the dealer you are buying from, especially if you are buying new. That way, if there are any problems, the dealer will have to cover them under warranty. I also chose to buy my top and tilt cylinders from the dealer for the same reason. You can usually get a pretty good deal if they are part of the original purchase -- may cost a little more if you add them later. I don't have my receipt handy, but I think the two remotes with cylinders cost me about $1200 as part of the package.

On the TC33DA, the control levers fit in existing slots on the right fender, beside the 3-point lever. After-market add-ons by other manufacturers may differ.

I am pleased with the fuel consumption. In the first 20 hours, I have done some bush hogging at 540 RPM (2460 RPM on the engine), but mostly box blading and FEL work, with the engine RPM set between 1700 and 2000. Fuel consumption was about 1/2 gallon per hour . That's a lot of work for a dollar's worth of fuel (current price here for on-road diesel is about $2.15 per gallon /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif they must be sending a lot of fuel oil to the northern States). I don't have a source for off-road diesel close enough to make it worth the trip to go get it, but that would save about 30 cents a gallon in taxes if you have closer source. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Welcome to the forum, and have fun shopping! This is a great place to learn before you leap /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif