Price Check TC 25 and TC 29 pricing

/ TC 25 and TC 29 pricing #1  

Anonymous Poster

Have the following quotes to purchase both 4wd, 9X3 transmission, 7308 loader w/68" bucket, 5' bush hog: TC25 quote is $14,421 and the TC 29 $15,282. From the voices of experience, are these good prices for SW MO and which would be the best for my use? I have 22 acres of wooded river front property that I want to slowly develope into a campground. Some open field mowing but a lot of clearing and moving brush for this year. Am getting anxious to get started so will really appreciate your responses. Thanks

/ TC 25 and TC 29 pricing #2  
Bogey, those prices sound good to me, but as I've already mentioned, I'd sure go for the hydro. Try using both a hydro and a manual with the front end loader and see if you don't think it's worth the cost difference.

Bird

/ TC 25 and TC 29 pricing #3  
For starters i live in central NY, fingerlakes area. That is one good price for that outfit. I got the TC21D with 54" FEL and 60" mid mount mower all works fantastic for 16,500 incuding tax. I did my home work on prices and makes in my area and i think i got a good tractor at a fair price. So your doing real good,
Larry

/ TC 25 and TC 29 pricing
You can never have enough PTO HP for brushhogging...

For the extra $750, and all else be equal, I'd go for the 29.

Stick with gear for mowing, brushhogging, Go with Hydro for lots of back/forth motion or loader work.

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ TC 25 and TC 29 pricing #5  
Bogey, I respectfully disagree with John Miller because you said, "Some open field mowing...." and I think that means that you will be using your Bush Hog to clear underbrush as you begin to clear your property. What you will be doing is backing into the brush with the mower (backward-forward-backward-forward). That is just the thing the hydro does best. Heck, for open field mowing I use a 1954 Ford Jubilee 4-speed. It's perfect. But for clearing brush as well as loader work I stick with my "guns" and say that you should buy the highest powered 4WD hydrostatic tractor you can afford. For the heavy brush/tree pushing, hire a dozer. You can use your tractor to clean up after the dozer (another good hydro job).

JimI

Bogey/others, I was quoted $18,550 for a TC25D4, R4 tires, the 7308 loader w/ 60" bucket and a LandPride RCR 1560 brush hog. To me this seems pricey, what do you guys think?
He priced the tractor at $13900 loader at 3400 and the mower at 1250. I don't know if the seat and "quick connect" 3-point hitch is worth more than the price of the Kubota 2410.

/ TC 25 and TC 29 pricing #7  
My geared TC29 has live PTO and it's shifter up near the steering wheel. Other geared TCs don't have live PTO and their gear shifters are near the floor. Loader work isn't that difficult--it's *almost* like having shuttle shift. However, I wouldn't say the same for those models where the shifter is near the floor--you have to bend way over to shift gears. Also, I tend to occasionally grind gears when I'm doing loader work since I don't always wait for the tractor to stop and the tranny isn't synchronized. I went the gear route because I use the tractor mostly for field work and only occasionally for loader work.

/ TC 25 and TC 29 pricing #8  
Crash recon..your price does seem high. I just paid about $300 less for a TC35 with 60" bucket, ag tires (rear loaded and valve protectors welded on rims), delux 3pt hitch, foldable ROPS, 16LA FEL, toothbar and the same Land Pride 1560 rotary cutter ($760). and a cup holder for good measure.

My geared tractor has shuttle shift. The back and forth work that I am doing mowing and whacking down brush is well handled by it. If I end up doing lots of loader work I might well agree w Bird, but for now shuttle shift on the 35 works great and simply enough for me to focus on what it is I am backing into.

Chas

Chas,

thanks for the post. that dealer is the closest to me; looks like I'll price some of the other "local" michigan dealers. I'm a ways away from any purchase but it sure is fun to shop for them and this site has a lot of valuable insight.

seems like you got a heck of a deal compared to what was offered to me!!!

Thanks again.

Bogey,
If your going to be using the FEL get the hydro. Look at your NH catalog. The 25-29 have the same displacement and stroke. If your going to work this thing in field grss and weeds get the 33. I picked up my 25d last friday and got the suprise of my life when the high grass dogged my 72" side discharge finish mower. Bad enough to return the mower for a rear discharge this weekend. I thought leaving the 20hp garden tractor seen would allow me to just plow on through. She did good, but she did have to work (wide open). Beside that, you should be able to write this stuff off at some point when you open for business.