Ford 2000 what are the specs?

/ Ford 2000 what are the specs? #1  

PBMAX

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
A freind at work has a neighbor with a I think he said 97 model for sale can any one give me some basics he wants 7k and it comes with seveeral implements and a backhoe. whats the HP the tree point lift and pto for this size tractor.Should I jump at this even if does't have 4x4(I don't know if it is 4x4 or not) or a loader...

Lil' Paul

/ Ford 2000 what are the specs? #2  
Paul,

Are you sure that isn't an 1897 model?? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The Ford 2000 was made in the 60's... recent sale reports indicate the following:

Model, Model Year, Location, Year Purchased, Price, Condition
2000, 1962, SC, 1993, $1500, Working
2000, 1964, TX, 1999, $3500, Working
2000, 1968, KY, 1984, $5000, Working
2000, 1969, MO, $3800, Working
2000 INDUSTRAL, 1962 AZ, 1998, $1000, Working
2000 INDUSTRAL, 1963, CA, 1996, $4000, Restored
2000 INDUSTRAL, 1964, NV, 1997, $3500, Complete

This is for the tractor only, I think.

It’s not a 4WD tractor, I think in the 35-40 HP range, several models, gas or diesel - old style machine with a metal seat, to give you an idea. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Good work tractor (note industrial models which were probably painted yellow and beefed up in some way) that for $7,000 better be in very good running and cosmetic shape, ready to work. It is capable of handling a backhoe, sure, but not a modern style loader to complete the package. The 2000 was the first in the 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000 series.

Sorry, no tech specs like 3-point lift.PTO HP, etc...

msig.gif

/ Ford 2000 what are the specs? #3  
I don't anything at all about a Ford 2000, but according to http://www.tractortips.com, they were made from '62 to '75, about 36 hp, 31 PTO hp, 3 cyl. gas, and then they list a 2000, 4 cylinder with no information. I also know nothing about the accuracy of their information.

Bird

/ Ford 2000 what are the specs? #4  
I thought the gas model was the 4-cylinder... hard to get correct specs, likely many different engines. Oh 'blue' guys, where are ya when we need ya? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ Ford 2000 what are the specs?
Thanks Muhammad, What I know about Ford wouldn't half fill a thimbal if it were water...Plus since there is no longer technicaly around an New Holland has no ford info I appreciate the quick responce.I had no idea of the actual age my friend at work was geussing at the age he couldn't remember what his neighbor said.
He was told over the phone yesterday....

Lil' Paul

AHH.....well it's to old for me...I want somthing a bit more recent.early 90's at least(thats 1990's).I know some of those old ones are tough but I need something to work from not on....besides I really would like an orange one if I can find one I can aford but here in Bama people keep em' or are really proud of em' when they do try to sell them....

Lil' Paul

/ Ford 2000 what are the specs? #7  
Yes, I figured you'd be looking at a 'compact' - you'll find the 'perfect machine' for you, soon. Keep on a' looking!

msig.gif

/ Ford 2000 what are the specs? #8  
Paul,

Muhammad's right, keep looking. I was really hot on a barely used Ford/New Holland 1620 with a 72" belly mower. It was only two wheel drive but only 90 hours on it, looked like new, price was right. Even though I really wanted fwd I was going to buy it but it was already gone! Really glad it was gone now and that I have my TC18 fwd!

Don't be color blind...don't be afraid to look at the quality of BLUE! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimBinMI

Jim, This will be my 1st tractor and I'm in no real hurry...I do like the orange and the blue not real fond of the price on the green ones......I will probably by the TC21D if I buy new...The price I was quoted 10,5 k for the tc21d(assuming demand etc.. doesn't dreive it up) and the bx2200 for about the same.I know they are both quality machines but just on specs alone I would have to go blue more lift ability at both ends and its heavier too.....

Queation? IF I do Buy new you think I could get'em to paint it CRIMSON cause if I bring home war eagle colors to TIDE COUNTRY.... My Significant Other might just put out with the pupps....../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Lil' Paul

/ Ford 2000 what are the specs? #10  
Re: TC21D

Lil' Paul,

No matter what color you paint a NH, it's still the quality tractor produced by the #1 manufacturer of agricultural equipment!! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif And remember, it's assembled in the good ole USA! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Good Luck, and if you do buy Blue, maybe you can help me with these Orange guys on the board! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!