Can I trade turf tires & wheels for ag?

/ Can I trade turf tires & wheels for ag? #1  

olkystde

This is my 1st post to any forum here. It looks like the hot place to be for tractor shopping! I am considering several tractors. One is a 1925 NH 4x4 with loader and turf tires. I need ag or industrial. The seller says I should be able to sell or swap for no cost. The turf tires are described as "good". All opinions appreciated. I currently own a 1953 Ford NAA. It needs rings but still does all I ask. I am mostly doing mowing and trail building on some steep terrain on my 126 acres. I need a tractor that will knock down sapplings and bush hog them into oblivion, and still be easy enough to handle for my wife to do some level mowing. The NAA is a real tank when the going gets brutal. Will the NH 1925 be up to the tough stuff? A NAA expert says the old Fords are more rugged. I do not have a clue about NH, including who builds them. I see they are held in high regard here, but is that true of all models? If they are being built by different OEMs I would expect some serious differences in design and quality. Just asking. I bought the book, but it was pretty basic and I still have many questions. Thanks. Herb

/ Can I trade turf tires & wheels for ag? #2  
The only problem with that tractor is how small the power steering cylinder is. If you jam a good size stick in between the cylinder and axel when pushing trees you will bend the ram on the cylinder and start a leak. We bent one on ours from brush chopping tree limbs from our apple orchards. I do not know how heavy the ram is on the Boomer series but you might want to build a guard to protect it if you do a lot of brush chopping.

/ Can I trade turf tires & wheels for ag?
Robert: That is the type of info I am looking for. What is a boomer? I thought I was. Would a Kioti DK 35 or 3504 be better for this type of work? Kubota L3010HST? I know of a used Kubota, and we have a very good Kioti dealer here. I like the looks of the Kioti, and you do get a lot of features for the price. I have been advised to keep the NAA for the tough stuff, but I have too many machines to care for as is, so i want to get a tractor that will do all the jobs here. Thanks! HP