HOW'D I DO?....NH 1520 PURCHASED USED.

/ HOW'D I DO?....NH 1520 PURCHASED USED. #1  

kbm3

Tractor
NH T1520
HOW\'D I DO?....NH 1520 PURCHASED USED.

Ok guys, after almost a year of searching, and lamenting on "new vs. used", I finally bought a used tractor at my dealer yesterday. The 1520 hydro, with loader, has 650 hrs. on it and is in real nice cond. $9500.00. Then I purchased a used Howard rotovator 52" for $950, and a NEW bush hog finish mower 3PH 72" rear discharge for 2100.00. Grand total was $12,550. Was this a descent deal?...BE HONEST NOW!!
I have 10 acres, and finish mow about 3.5, as well as bush hog about the same. We have a large garden, and anticipate starting a small farm of sorts. I am hoping I made a good decision, and got a fair deal. I had seen tractors for less money from private sales, but wanted the dealer support and service that I will now hopefully get. ......Now I will start looking for more attachments etc. so that I can go out in the dirt and play...er...I mean work.

/ HOW'D I DO?....NH 1520 PURCHASED USED. #2  
Re: HOW\'D I DO?....NH 1520 PURCHASED USED.

First, please tell us what your definition of a "decent deal" is.

To me a decent deal is one where I am satisfied that I received good value for the money spent.

If you are happy with the tractor and implements and the dealer treats you like you like to be treated then you got a decent deal. Price is not always the only consideration, especially with used equipment.

I want the dealer to make money when I buy something so he will stay in business and be there when I need him a year from now.

You might have gotten a slightly cheaper deal from an individual but would that individual be around a year from now when you needed some free advice or information?

Sounds like you got a nice tractor and some good implements for a reasonable price. If you spent a year searching you knew a fair deal when you saw it. Don't second guess yourself.

Bill Tolle

/ HOW'D I DO?....NH 1520 PURCHASED USED. #3  

I would say you got a good deal. I paid about the same for a 1520 a little over a year ago, then put 570 hours on it and traded it in on a TC33DA. The dealer gave me about $8000 for it, but said he would have to ask $8800 for it, because they do a full service, including changing all fluids, and have to warranty the tractor for 30 days. That was with 1270 hours on the tractor.

The 1520 is a great little tractor. I just got to yearning for a little more horsepower and some more bells and whistles that I ordered on the TC33DA, like a quick attach on the loader, grapple bucket, pallet forks and Top-n-tilt. But the 1520 did everything I asked of it.

Congratulations. Welcome to TBN, and enjoy your new toy/tool. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HOW'D I DO?....NH 1520 PURCHASED USED. #4  

How did you do? The first year of ownership will tell you a lot, and sure hope there are not any surprises.
As with anything used, there is always a reason that someone sold it to the dealer. Sometimes those reasons have to do with circumstances unrelated to the condition of the item, in this case the tractor. I plan to trade my Deere 4300 in soon and I think it is in great condition, but I am looking for upgrades and TnT. I discussed trading with my dealer last fall and he had my tractor sold before I decided not to trade, but instead wait for the new models to come out. There are buyers out there ready to buy used which is good for all of us.
Hopefully in a year or so, you will let us know how you did. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ HOW'D I DO?....NH 1520 PURCHASED USED. #5  

kbm3,

Where's the pics ? I don't even know what a 1520 looks like.

At any rate, congratulations on the new (used ) workhorse. I bought my tractor used as well (about a year ago) & have not regretted it.