TN 75 vs. TL80

/ TN 75 vs. TL80 #1  

deerepower

Tractor
JD 820
I'm trying to decide between these two tractors for my farm. I will mostly use the tractor for bushhogging, moving round hay bales, pulling a no till drill, and eventually I want to purchase my own hay making equipment. Any of you with experience with these models tell me your likes or dislikes.

/ TN 75 vs. TL80 #2  
TL gives you a 4 cyl engine, longer wheelbase, probably 34" rears vs 28"s or 30"s on the TN. Flat deck TLvs semi-straddle mount TN. I work on both these series, and the engines, drivelines and MFD front axles are nearly bulletproof. My choice for your stated uses would easily be the TL for traction, stability, visibility, and 7 PTO HP. Did I mention visibility? Not too many 80's around here, mostly 90's and 100's. Are you looking at new or used? If new the A series is probably what you will find. I strongly recommend the PowerShuttle transmission (Deluxe Model) which gets you a lefthand reverser and electric over hydraulic PTO versus dry main and PTO clutches in the Standard version. Feel free to post back with any questions you think I can answer on either TN or TL tractors.

/ TN 75 vs. TL80
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( TL gives you a 4 cyl engine, longer wheelbase, probably 34" rears vs 28"s or 30"s on the TN. Flat deck TLvs semi-straddle mount TN. I work on both these series, and the engines, drivelines and MFD front axles are nearly bulletproof. My choice for your stated uses would easily be the TL for traction, stability, visibility, and 7 PTO HP. Did I mention visibility? Not too many 80's around here, mostly 90's and 100's. Are you looking at new or used? If new the A series is probably what you will find. I strongly recommend the PowerShuttle transmission (Deluxe Model) which gets you a lefthand reverser and electric over hydraulic PTO versus dry main and PTO clutches in the Standard version. Feel free to post back with any questions you think I can answer on either TN or TL tractors. )</font>

RickB I plan to buy new with a cab and loader. Does the TL need 4wd with a loader, I will mostly use the loader for moving hay and tree limbs. what's the price difference between the TL 80 and TL 90?

/ TN 75 vs. TL80 #4  
I work in the service dept, and don't pretend to keep current on prices. If you end up with say a 4x5 round baler or a discbine, the 90 is a better choice.
The TLA doesn't "need" MFD any more or less than any other tractor. Farmers got along fine with loaders on 2WD tractors until MFD entered the mainstream 20-25 years ago. Something could be said for a 2WD haying tractor, although I would have MFD for the added traction, stronger front axle, 4 wheel braking, and better resale value. You may have to look hard for a 2WD Deluxe TLA, but perhaps not so in the South. You have 2 choices for NH loaders the 52LC and 32LC. The 52 is a lot of loader and MFD is nearly a necessity with it. If the 32LC's specs fit your needs, it makes a nice fit on the TLA with better visibility than the 52. Again, I recommend the Deluxe package. Benefits of LH reverser, HI-LO powershift, closed center remote valves, wet clutches, front & rear difflock on a single rocker switch.
TLA tractors