TN65

/ TN65 #1  

Maine_Polack

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6500 4WD
What do you guys think?

I found a formally leased TN65, 4wd with New loader, and quick attach bucket. Asking price is $26,500. Fair?

This tractor was leased to a large nursery for the 2004 season. They apparently used it to pull with the drawbar. They didn't even have a loader on it.

It has 300 hours. It still has a little over a year on the warranty.

Going to look at it a a few days.

I'm not familiar with NH. What concerns should I raise (so as to increase my bargaining power), and what questions should I be asking?

One concern I can think of is that they might have abused it and not given it proper maintainance.

Thanks guys!

/ TN65 #2  
I don't give price advise here, but you should tell us if it is a cab unit, Mechanical or PowerShuttle transmsiion, how many speeds, number of rear remote valves, tire size and tread style so others can weigh in. If it didn't have a loader and only did drawbar work at a nursery, it probably couldn't have been hurt much in 300 hours without showing it in its appearance.

/ TN65
Thanks for responding.

More Info on TN656 - No cab
- Mechanical Power Shuttle transmission
-8x8 constant Mesh (?)( I think)
-one (extra) remote valve
-Ag, (R-1) tires - did not get the size

" If it didn't have a loader and only did drawbar work at a nursery, it probably couldn't have been hurt much in 300 hours without showing it in its appearance. "
My thought also.

/ TN65 #4  
It sounds like the basic TN package. It is a good reliable machine and there is not much to worry about on them. They can take a lot of abuse without having any issues. As for the price, the price seems high as new TN 65/loader combos were running in the $26k range. I don't know how much the QT adds to it but I would think you should be able to get the price down $3k or more. Anything less and I would start pricing new machines.

/ TN65
That's the kind of info that I am looking for. Much appreciated.

/ TN65
Right about the new price. I hadn't gotten that far. Did so today. Located a new TN60A-standard model, with 12x12 syncro shuttle. Ag tires 16.9 30and 112 24. includes one remote. $27,200
Keep in mind that all these prices are "BD" (before dickerin').
Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

/ TN65 #7  
You should be able to get the TN60A price down a little more. I am assuming though it has the loader on it. If so make sure it is the QT. It has been a few months since I priced a 60A but you should be around $26,500 for that setup (of course I priced it with a 8x8 tranny if my memory serves me well). Either way if you get it down below the $27k mark you would be doing well. The tires are a good size as well. One problem might be if you want tire chains the 30's on the rear won't allow chains unless you move them out. It is not a problem for a field tractor and to be honest I don't think you will ever need chains on this machine. I have never needed them and don't see any time in the future where I will need them. Have fun.

/ TN65 #8  
An 'A' model with an 8x8 has to be the new "economy" spec. Not that it is a bad thing, I just want to keep it to apples-to-apples. The standard spec is now a 12x12. All PowerShuttles are 16x16. Not sure if the 16x16 mech shuttle is offered in the 'A' series.

/ TN65
Yes, as stated it is a "Standard" model.
The 27 also includes the following:
-Free transport - 2 hr drive - for any warranty work, or an on site fix. (Cost me $100 for transport on my last tractor)

-Engine block heater
-Extra, rear worklight
-Full tank of fuel
-Bucket hook
-Free 50 hour service if I take care of transport, or they will provide all fluids and filters if I do it myself.
-will load tires with Rimgard - $350

Keep in mind that this is just from talking on the phone. Will go see it, ride it, and dicker face to face on sat.
That will be a lot more fun than a sharp stick in the eye!

/ TN65 #10  
You are right Rick, I have not been following the TN-A series and do not know what is what anymore. I was pricing a tractor for family friends and my dealer was pricing it as cheap as possible for them. It is nice to see NH specing the 12x12 as standard. The 8x8 is decent but there have been a lot of times I wish I had more gears. Of course I also wish I had more power, more remotes, more clearance.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Have fun.