Buying Advice selling my 2003 TC40D, need advice

/ selling my 2003 TC40D, need advice #1  

horstuff

Bronze Member
Hi. I have a 2003 TC40D, hydro, loaded R-4's, canopy, 16LA, brush guard, 52 hours, no supersteer. I am in Washington state, and was wondering if anybody out there had any kind of idea what this should go for. It is like brand new, no scratches or dents or dings. Heck, there's not even any mud or muck on it. It was used for mainly loader work in a clean area. Ideas? Thanks.

/ selling my 2003 TC40D, need advice #3  
What happened?
Mark

/ selling my 2003 TC40D, need advice
Well, I kind of knew that I was going to do this when I bought it. I also bought a TC24D with backhoe at the same time. I had a huge landscaping project to do (my new place), and now it is done. I am keeping the 24 because it is perfect for my place (1.25 acres). I had weighed out the cost of renting a comparable size machine for loading and a bit of tilling, and decided that buying it and then selling it made most sense with my schedule. Anyway, I hate to do it, but having both around here is a waste (not just of money, but of a perfectly good TC40D!!!).

/ selling my 2003 TC40D, need advice #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyway, I hate to do it, but having both around here is a waste (not just of money, but of a perfectly good TC40D!!!). )</font>

It doesn't make sense to just let it sit around. On 1.25 acres, the TC40D would really be out of place. I agree with RaT that you will have to come down at least 15% from the new price. The problem is you have to compete with dealers and their NH financing options. If they are offering 0% on a new machine, you are gonna have to have some incentive for the buyer to purchase your tractor. Good luck with your sale.

Jinman, any ideas on what it may be worth? Or is 15-20% off what I paid my only baseline? I have looked around locally and nationally, they are hard to find for sale. What I have found, though, seems to be a bit higher than that math would dictate. For instance, I found what sounds like a very comparable 40 in Wisconsin for $19,900. Since I paid about 21,000 for it new, that would be less than a 15% price cut. I found that price on Iron Search, so I guess it was a dealer selling it.

Any other thoughts you have on this would be appreciated, jinman. You seem to be the Yoda when it comes to figuring this stuff out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ selling my 2003 TC40D, need advice #7  
Here is the problem as I see it. A dealer may have a brand new TC40DA that he is offering for say $23,500 on a 0% for 24 mo. plan. If you want $20,000 for your tractor and the buyer goes to the bank and gets an 8% loan for 36 mo., how much is he going to pay for your tractor? I think you have to discount your tractor so it doesn't have to compete with a new tractor and NH financing.

Having said that, if I wasn't in any particular hurry, I'd put my price at $19,500 and run a classified add. You will never know if you don't try to sell it for a better price. If you aren't in a hurry, take your time and ensure you get the best possible price.

...and please don't compare me to a little fuzzy guy with big ears. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jinman, thanks for the advice.

Oh, that Yoda thing: it was meant as a compliment. Actually, what I meant to say was Einstein /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif or Confucius /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif or, I guess, Obiwan Kenobi /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ selling my 2003 TC40D, need advice #9  
Did you check the thread titled WA State Dealers? A PM might be in order

/ selling my 2003 TC40D, need advice #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...and please don't compare me to a little fuzzy guy with big ears.)</font>

I totally missed the Yoda comment and thought you were talking about _RAT_. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sorry, Rat, no offense. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif